Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

using AEM map for speed density setup

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2007, 10:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
using AEM map for speed density setup

I already have a AEM digital boost gauge that i have reading from an AEM 3.5BAR map sensor i got. Can i use this same map sensor in place of the GM sensor for MAFT pro? i read somwhere else i could. Would i just need to cut off the GM connector on the universal map and temp connector harness and splice into the AEM one? If thats the case anyone know offhand what colors mean what on both the maftpro harness and the output of my AEM map sensor? I didnt purchase the maftPro yet but i will be prolly monday so i just wanted this clarified beforhand so i know to order the gm sensor or not and if i will have any more troubles setting this whole system up. Thanks guys!

-Ryan
Old Jun 16, 2007, 07:36 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joosdawg
I already have a AEM digital boost gauge that i have reading from an AEM 3.5BAR map sensor i got. Can i use this same map sensor in place of the GM sensor for MAFT pro? i read somwhere else i could. Would i just need to cut off the GM connector on the universal map and temp connector harness and splice into the AEM one? If thats the case anyone know offhand what colors mean what on both the maftpro harness and the output of my AEM map sensor? I didnt purchase the maftPro yet but i will be prolly monday so i just wanted this clarified beforhand so i know to order the gm sensor or not and if i will have any more troubles setting this whole system up. Thanks guys!

-Ryan
Yes, you can use the kavlico sensor 3.5bar.

We can get you a MAFTPro with the features you are looking for on Monday when you are ready.

Some options are electronic boost control, speed/density harness, etc.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:13 AM
Account Disabled

nice, so any input from anyone on which wires from my AEM map sensor will be connected to maftpro or should i just get the gm sensor aswell so its plug and play?

Last edited by joosdawg; Jun 17, 2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:38 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please start referring to the sensor as "map sensor" and not AEM before people think you are trying to hook up a standalone to a piggyback MAFTpro.

What are the colors of wires on the MAP sensor?
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:49 AM
Account Disabled

yea i thought about while writing it, my bad. I actually didnt even look at it before writing that question but i think its prolly just common sense here. Wires are red, black, and green so i assume the green is my signal wire that i would input into the pro speed density harness then right? I just assumed i need the speed density harness and hack off the MAP connector for the gm one and splice into the AEM map i have for it? Just want to get the right stuff. I wasent quite clear on if the maft pro comes with a splice type harness that comes with to wire up the temp sensor and any map sensor or if i would actually need the speed density harness sense i didnt see a plug for the temp sensor that comes with. Thanks for clearing this all up for me i really appreciate it!
Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:13 PM
Account Disabled

also where do u suggest i mount the temp sensor? i have hard intercooler piping but its aluminum and im no good at TIG welding so i cant like weld a nut on like i wanted to. Is there an easy way to mount it? Using the nut method so i can just screw it in with teflon tape or should i get some sort of gromet in my uicp? Somthing that i should figure out when putting it in but i also want to prepare incase i need to weld somwhere.

Last edited by joosdawg; Jun 17, 2007 at 12:25 PM.