Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Jester Tuneing

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Start you own. A good tuner will not jump on another.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 03:35 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CHRISH5142
Okay I Have Some ?'s, If I Want The 49dollar Flash Do I Need Evoscan? I Have The Stock Rom Flash That Needs To Be Sent To You. Get Back To Me Asap
Hey Chris, I just realized that I might have not replied to you here or in PM, so let me know if you still need help. But yes you'll need evoscan or mitsulogger(free). I have all of the information you need here www.mellontuning.com
Old Jul 19, 2007, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon
ok, send me a PM and we'll get things started- Thanks!
wow... stealing someone elses business. that is pretty shady
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SaOrlando
+5 on that.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 04:57 AM
Account Disabled

I'm pretty vocal on the forum and when I see someone asking questions about tuning/equipment needed etc...I'll answer their questions. If you do a search, you'll find that I've been helping people long before I ever became a vendor, I'm just that type of person.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

You guys have obviously never been in the sales business. Chris gave the OP some useful advise. The OP saw that Chris was willing to help him so he went with Chris. How unethical is that? It's all about customer service. It does wonders for your business. Keep up the good job Chris.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CHRISH5142
i want the mellon tuneing also
Originally Posted by EVIL MR
+5 on that.
SaOrlando and Evil MR, did you even read the first page of this thread?

Cause the OP started this thread seeking information about how to get an e-flash.

Now granted they did title it with a tuners name but they stated that they wanted a mellon tune (see the first quote in this post).

Just because you didn't use mellon to tune your car don't try to bash him for answering the op's questions which lead the op to make a decision that only he has the right to do.

OP, I understand your questions in regards to this topic.

But just a little time searching for e-flash would have given you all the infomation you needed.

With that said, good choice on tuners, I am not biased at all .
Old Jul 20, 2007, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

You'll also find that Chris never once solicited him. That is not stealing someone elses business. That is good ethical business practices.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
You'll also find that Chris never once solicited him. That is not stealing someone elses business. That is good ethical business practices.
really??
I have all of the information you need here www.mellontuning.com
Chemwarrior..... obviously you dont know me. I am in sales. I work for a manufacturer. I also use to run a car audio/home audio business.

There is a big difference between earning/selling someone your services and having your competitions phones tapped. Jestr does not come on this site often b/c of all of this drama.

The fact is he "help"ed himself to a Jestr customer by posting a video he made that has "send to mellon tuning" in the video. and at the end of the video has 15 seconds of "mellontuning.com" on it..... he redirected jestrs customer to his site.

Do you ever see AMS jump on threads that say "Buschur" in the title and say "shop AMS"???

As I have noticed those defending Mellon are from Tennessee, I guess you guys see that I am in orlando and assume that I am a Jestr customer.

Here is a simple FACT.

I DO NOT USE JESTR TO TUNE MY CAR

I personally believe this is extremely unethical and improper.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 03:49 AM
Account Disabled

that was stated AFTER he said he wanted a Mellon Tune, please read the thread in the order that posts were created and it'll make more sense.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=SaOrlando;4560352]really??

Chemwarrior..... obviously you dont know me.
Obviously I don't know you.

I am in sales. I work for a manufacturer. I also use to run a car audio/home audio business.
You say that you used to run a car/home audio business. Did it go bankrupt because you are speaking in past tense?

There is a big difference between earning/selling someone your services and having your competitions phones tapped.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

The fact is he "help"ed himself to a Jestr customer by posting a video he made that has "send to mellon tuning" in the video. and at the end of the video has 15 seconds of "mellontuning.com" on it..... he redirected jestrs customer to his site.
You obviously do not give the OP enough intelligence or credit to differentiate between sales tactics and assistance.

As I have noticed those defending Mellon are from Tennessee, I guess you guys see that I am in orlando and assume that I am a Jestr customer.
I have not assumed you are a Jestr customer nor do I care. Who cares if I am from Tennessee? My dealings with Chris have been via e-mail which I could have done with someone half way around the world.

I personally believe this is extremely unethical and improper.
If that is what you believe then so be it, but you should read up on your ethical business tactics because Mellon's behavior on this posting and all of his postings have always been ethical and proper. By the way I have a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and am currently working on my MBA so I know what I am talking about.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

that was stated AFTER he said he wanted a Mellon Tune, please read the thread in the order that posts were created and it'll make more sense.
Exactly! Like I have said before, read and comprehend before you reply.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:26 AM

I just happened on this thread and read it in sequence.
Mellon has done nothing wrong or unethical here that I see. Not even close. I'm assuming that there was no PM'ing going on in the background, of course.

The OP is free to go wherever he wants. Just because he mentioned Jestr early on doesn't mean he BELONGS to him. Similarly, just because Mellon helped the OP unsolicited, it doesn't mean that Mellon should be upset if he goes with Jestr instead.

There is another thread where people were jumping all over David Buschur for stating that he copied someones boost controller design. It was really interesting to read the wildly varying ideas about business ethics.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

I do use jestr tuning. And Jestr is the best tuner in the evo community. Bar NONE.
Peace
Old Jul 21, 2007, 06:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by wasAudi_nowEvo
I just happened on this thread and read it in sequence.
Mellon has done nothing wrong or unethical here that I see. Not even close. I'm assuming that there was no PM'ing going on in the background, of course. .
correct, I did not send him a PM... I only asked him to send me a PM AFTER he said he wanted a Mellon Tune

nobody had a problem with me helping various people on the forum until I became a vendor, how ironic is that?

Quick Reply: Jester Tuneing