Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Datalogging options? Noob needs help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Datalogging options? Noob needs help

I have some noob questions, please pardon my ignorance. I have searched but still feel like I need more specific info and opinions.

I am interested in getting a remote flash via ECUFlash and of course this requires sending the tuner logs for maximum results. This is where I am seeking input. I am a bit unsure of what route to take for datalogging.

Criteria:
- UnfortunatelyI do not have a laptop or wideband at this time.
- I do not plan to do many more modifications in the near future, so for the time being I just need a thorough, optimal flash based on logs that is tuned to the minimal mods I currently have/will be doing at the time of the flash.
- I am not in the market for a full-blown laptop PC right now. I can borrow a laptop or buy a low-end laptop if need be, but am also open to other options for datalogging hardware, (PDA, etc.)

Questions:
- I know PC-based software like Mitsulogger and Evoscan is useful for logging but are these logs sufficient to provide the tuner with the data they need for a remote tune that is significantly better than a mail-in flash? Or does a good remote tune really require the use of a wideband that also includes datalogging capability like the ZT-2 and LM-1 so I can send the tuner AFR logs?
- In my position, what do you feel would be my most cost-effective option for datalogging hardware?
- At this point, I am considering buying a ZT-2, and borrowing or buying a laptop to upload the logs to. What are some of my other cost-effective options for someone like me who wants as custom a tune as possible on a small budget?

Thanks in advance and sorry for asking so many noob questions.

Last edited by hokiruu; Sep 28, 2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For a small budget, the answer is simple ... get an Innovate LC-1 and use MitsuLogger to log and borrow a computer.

$80 - Cable
$180 - LC-1
$0 - Mitsulogger
$0 - Laptop

You can log the LC-1 values through MitsuLogger, so you don't need a higher priced WBO2 that includes logging capability. you could go with a Zeitronics WBO2 kit as well, but the LC-1 is the best deal for WBO2 logging ONLY.

Yes, MitsuLogger and EvoScan will provide the data needed for your tune. For the most accurate tune you do need a WBO2.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TB- Thank you VERY much for such a fast and helpful response. That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I think I'll go that route then. Much appreciated
Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:32 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check out www.mellontuning.com I have links to all of the equipment you need and I even have a video tutorial on how to download the stock ROM etc...