Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

AP service bulletin

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to pressure test mine but don't have a compressor
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:10 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SPANKED
People have been known to use bike pumps to build pressure. Why this is very time consuming to fill the intake track with a bike pump it is possible to do so if you do not have access to a air compressor.

Ben
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IA Performance
DeeezNuuuuts83- Their high flow race cat version will sound nearly identical. If we were to video tape it you would not be able to tell a difference. The cat will quiet things down a pinch (and I mean a pinch) more at cruise and idle. WOT should sound nearly the same. Here is some more helpful info direct from COBB:
COBB DP, COBB Catless Test Pipe, COBB Cat Back

idle - 83dB
SAE - 98dB

COBB DP, COBB high flow Catted Test Pipe, COBB Cat back

idle 80dB
SAE 94dB

Help save the earth and we'll throw you free shipping on both your AP and your EVO Turbo Back Catted. I just read Rob's reply to you after typing this out regarding dB, LOL. Sorry for the redundancy. Honestly, you would not know an audible difference between the 2 unless you had them side by side in person. COBBs high flow cats are amazing to say the least!

CPA5- I'll have more for you on this later today. Short term + Long term fuel trim should = 0 (or close to zero). This number is thrown off when people change out intakes (as is the case with subarus, but I believe this carries over to Mitsu the same).

TheEvolutioner- agreed, that is a popular thing for our Subaru AP customers. Only down fall is peak summer time, I would hid the AP away to avoid extreme heats.

Stephen

STEPHEN---

Actually, don't waste your time researching it....I think the wonderful world of the INTERNET should be able to tell me what I want to know.....

IX LIVES....COBB TUNED....IA PERFORMANCE PERFECTED!!!!!
Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SPANKED
Where in Long Island do you live in? I'm in queens village off the cross island and i have a compressor. I'm buying the AP and TBE in November and will need help testing for boost leak since i've never done it before. Let me know.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheEvolutioner
Where in Long Island do you live in? I'm in queens village off the cross island and i have a compressor. I'm buying the AP and TBE in November and will need help testing for boost leak since i've never done it before. Let me know.

Hey Bro....you should call Gabe or Stephen at IA Performance for your AP and TBE....in fact yesterday Stephen told one guy in CALI he'd give him free shipping on both....I don't know if he can do it to NY but it is worth a shot.....plus IA has been working hard to answer all AP questions....and I think that is worth some Business
Old Oct 24, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks CPA5, i'll be buying the AP and TBE from IA for sure just waiting for the funds to come in.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheEvolutioner
I'm just at the Nassau/Suffolk County border so I'm not that far, I can definitely help you out with the exhaust install and appreciate if you can help me check for boost leaks. I plan to get the AP also so we could help each other out with that also.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, your probably like 5 minutes away. I'm three blocks away from the belmont race track, let me know.

Sorry guys for being off topic. We'll keep it with IM's.

AP FTW!!!