Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Hks V-pro

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2007, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hks V-pro

What's going on guys. Had a question about the HKS V-Pro standalone, Does the unit get locked out by the initial tuner, if so, is it possible to unlock? Seems like a good alternative to the AEM EMS. Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2007, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

yeah it does....only the authorised dealer can mess with it.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 03:36 PM

That sux. Any complaints regarding the AEM, aside from extended crank and the whole emissions deal?
Old Oct 15, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

dude your in nyc sean ivey is there, he can tune the aem ems and have your car running better than stock.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 06:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NYC EVO
What's going on guys. Had a question about the HKS V-Pro standalone, Does the unit get locked out by the initial tuner, if so, is it possible to unlock? Seems like a good alternative to the AEM EMS. Thanks!
HKS vpro works to protect the work of the tuner, you cna have it retuned by some other HKS authorized tuner but if it is password protected that new tuner must put a new map in it and he is unable to see the old one.

These units are for people who do not care about tuning their own car, would like to leave it in the hands of a pro, and like some of the options offered by HKS.

You can switch between 4 ignition/fuel maps on the fly etc, so you never have to hook up a laptop once your tuner sets it all up.

It's a really nice unit.

Sean
Old Dec 4, 2007, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
HKS vpro works to protect the work of the tuner, you cna have it retuned by some other HKS authorized tuner but if it is password protected that new tuner must put a new map in it and he is unable to see the old one.

These units are for people who do not care about tuning their own car, would like to leave it in the hands of a pro, and like some of the options offered by HKS.

You can switch between 4 ignition/fuel maps on the fly etc, so you never have to hook up a laptop once your tuner sets it all up.

It's a really nice unit.

Sean
Hi
i just got a Vpro (well, after i take off and sold my HKS 3037Kit)
right now i am running a stock9 turbo with all the bolt on modifications, how much different will the Vpro make than just ecuflash? or let's see if i get the FP Green upgrade, does that make a perfect match with the Vpro?
it's a road car and boost will not go over 24psi, no meth and always pump gas, is 400Whp possible?
thanx a lot for your time.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 09:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will work well, but at that power level the ecuflash works well too but there are distinct advantages which may be usefull to some users when going with the HKS. PM me for more details.

Sean
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

ok, emailed u again, thanx!