Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

FC L-jetro HELP...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2007, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FC L-jetro HELP...

So here is the thing.I bought the apexi power fc for my evo 8 and the fc is for evo 7..So we swapped the two pins and the car is running smoothly on idle,but as soon as you revit to 2000rpm the car stalls and goes off and the air temperature sensor signals 5 volts..Can anyone tell me how to fix that problem??And i checked that it is the L-jetro modell.Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:10 AM

not sure but there is a specific loom adapter you can use
to make the evo 7 PFC work on the evo 8 PFC direct swap no wire cuts etc
Old Nov 26, 2007, 02:11 AM

Thanks for the info ,but i already find out the solution to that problem..So i have a EURO model evo 8 and the apexi is for the evo 7 there is two things that needs to be done before it works probelly.One is the 8 and 22 pin change and the other is that you will need to add the vacuum sensor that is not on the 260, but is expected by the ecu.
There is available remote mount unit which simplifies fitment and requires a simple ground and 5v signal live from the throttle sensor and a signal wire running through to the ecu. This needs to be run to pin 73 at the ecu.
Then you will need to check for earth at the cam and crank sensor and the air flow meter and make good the one that is missing in the engine bay. Usualy one or the other not both, but check both. As yours starts and runs to 2000rpm, I would suggest it is the AFM that isn't earthed (air temp is in that unit).
Old Jan 3, 2008, 08:43 AM

the solution is:-1)to change the 8 with the 22 pin. -2)in the VII the pin 40 isn't used,in the VIII the 40 is the ground for the volume air flow meter,barometric pressure and air temperature sensor,need to connect(not invert!) the 40 with the 92(another ground).with this modification my VIII gsr euro model work with apexi d-jetro for EVO VII JDM.if I don't connect the 40 to 92,the car work only if I don't disconnect the volume air flow sensor harness connector(and the air temp is less than correct temperature)