Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Problems with Access Port

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2008, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the AP has taken over control of my boost from the HKS EVC VI i have installed. The EVC seems to kinda 'restart' a couple times in the first 10 minutes of driving. I have adjusted the correction coefficient but the boost isn't hitting the higher boost levels I was capable of without the AP. Anyone know if I am missing something?
Old May 31, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by josher8
I think the AP has taken over control of my boost from the HKS EVC VI i have installed. The EVC seems to kinda 'restart' a couple times in the first 10 minutes of driving. I have adjusted the correction coefficient but the boost isn't hitting the higher boost levels I was capable of without the AP. Anyone know if I am missing something?

hey let me ask u something. When u install the EVC do u still have the stock control attached? or does it come with a bypass self controlling solenoid?
Old May 31, 2008, 01:01 PM

it comes with a new solenoid and the stock stays plugged into the ECU but caps on the ports. The SES light is on with the stocker unplugged (that took me a bit to figure out) LOL. ECV comes with a new harness that plugs in also. why do you ask? I am a newby to imports so I like to learn all I can
Old Nov 26, 2008, 09:33 AM

That is what I did and it is fine
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:53 AM

accessport for evos

hello guys I am still thinking if I should get apv2 for my evo 8 as engine management because the map seems to be unstable unlike my 07 sti I been using apv2 and it works great specially the race beta with 100 oct and 93 oct maps and I am hoping that cobb will do the same like they did to the subies before I will consider buying one for my evo
Old Jan 19, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cevo8
hello guys I am still thinking if I should get apv2 for my evo 8 as engine management because the map seems to be unstable unlike my 07 sti I been using apv2 and it works great specially the race beta with 100 oct and 93 oct maps and I am hoping that cobb will do the same like they did to the subies before I will consider buying one for my evo
The APv2 is very stable for your car and every car we currently support. If you have any concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,
Old Jan 23, 2009, 01:28 PM
Account Disabled

that isn't good i would send it back to cobb and confront them with that problem
Old Mar 15, 2009, 09:36 PM

Is there any update on the boost problem??

I recently installed my AP with ACN Stage 1 Map and I am also getting only getting 1.0 -1.1 bar boost .. I took out the secondary restrictor pill and still getting the same boost..

So i called cobb to get vaccum line and hopefully that will fix it. But if its going to be the same as stock but with out the secondary restrictor pill i dont see why it would be different.

From what i have been reading in the forums they might have to send me a different sized primary pill if i still can't reach boost, if im not misstaken.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:59 AM

Installed the cobb vaccum Lines last night . But I am still only getting 1.0-1.1 bar of boost...

does anyone have any ideas on what can be the problem?

Running stock intake, catback exhaust, and there are no leaks
Old Mar 18, 2009, 09:08 AM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by superman59us
Installed the cobb vaccum Lines last night . But I am still only getting 1.0-1.1 bar of boost...

Because you already had a problem this probably isn't the answer, but if you hooked the lines up backwards at the T intersection that's the kind of boost you'll see.

That's the kind of boost I saw anyway when I hooked them up backwards.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
I had problems with my AP preloaded map not boosting correctly and being inconsistent. I had a protune done and the problem went away. Removing the pill and then later swapping out the hoses did a total of .1 bar increase in boost. No boost leaks, no stuck actuator, nothing wrong at all with my car.

Check for leaks then get it tuned by a reputable tuner and be done with it. It is worth the money to be done with the headache of trying to fix it yourself.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superman59us

There is a huge disparity from car to car when it comes to the Evo VIII/IX. Some cars are different enough that a custom tune will be required.

As a side note (Not saying your car is broken) we have seen several of the stock Evo turbos slowly die. The symptoms are loss of boost levels over time given the same wastegate duty cycle and upped levels of knock sum. From our experience, unfortunately, Evo turbos simply don't spontaneously explode. It's a slow painful demise.

Thanks,
Rob
Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:41 AM

yeah that would make sense!!

I hope my turbo isn't dying.. well i 'm pretty sure its not .. because i was reaching 1.2-1.3 bar boost no problem before i installed the AP..

I installed the hoses correctly, the hose with the primary pill in it (with the yellow dot) goes to the j pipe and so on..

But i called Cobb again.. and they are sending me a different sized primary pill.. GREAT Customer service BTW.. hopefully this works.. if not ill get a pro tune way sooner than i was planning.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 02:35 PM

The new restrictor pill worked like a charm!!!

My car now boosts perfectly fine!

Great customer service from Cobb!!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Nice.