Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Please Clarify my Wideband Research (Innovate/Zeitronix)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have an LC-1 , I m looking to add a wideband LCD something small.
all i can say is that you'll be happy with it. Check out my other threads on placement and install it'll help you get it installed right, also I you want you can ask me questions - i have spoken to tech support quite a bit.

The only thing that is a PITA is the recalibration (only bc i have to get under the car), I have done the "vaccum" method and is pretty accurate, but I just feel better if I take the sensor out.

You dont need to install a switch or LED, I opted to remove both on my install, why?

well the laptop tells me all I need to know about the sensor, warming up ect (logworks) I open logworks make sure the sensor works and then I switch to my logger or preference. In regards to the switch, someone or I can accidentally press it and mess up my calib. When i need to recalicabe I just connect the recalib wire to a ground source and I am done. - no worries

- okay back to my search for a wideband display, I think I am going to do the cluster mod.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:41 AM
Hic

LC-1 and innovative products are the worst on the market.

Zeitronix invented quality comparing to innovative.

I use a lot of AFR meters in my work, and beside autronic gas analyzer, i trust only zeitronix.

AEM, innovative, plx.....wasted money
Old Jan 30, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hic

I use a lot of AFR meters in my work, and beside autronic gas analyzer, i trust only zeitronix.

AEM, innovative, plx.....wasted money
why is aem and plx a waste of money... have you had experience with these?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

I'll never understand why someone creating a thread gets nailed for not "search(ing) first," but people who comment in threads who don't bother to read the entire thread or pay attention, don't get nailed for interrupting subscribed member's time in having to read comments that aren't useful.

Originally Posted by cij911
I am sorry ...I should have been nicer and more clear. If you are going to keep your car stock, a very basic tune ($50) will get you 9/10 of the way and would have saved you time and money. I don't really see why you need a wideband if you are keeping your car stock / close to stock, but that is just me...As I said in the beginning, either wideband will suffice for your needs.
The car will not be stock:

I plan on installing the Wideband on the stock downpipe, tuning my stock car as best I can as a learning process, then as I change bolt-ons....tune some more.
Hic....

......thanks, but no thanks.

(BTW, stating "<brand X> FTW!" does nothing for me )
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:35 PM

I don't know how set you are on the 2 choices you mentioned, but you might wanna check out the NTK AFX. ECM (Engine Control and Monitoring, a company that makes very high end lab grade air/fuel ratio analyzer equipment used by OEM's and such, they're the industry standard) teamed up with NTK and Bosch to make a new affordable wideband unit. It's apparently very similar to the higher end ECM AFM 1600. It can use both Bosch and NTK wideband sensors, and is supposed to have a good control strategy, can be free air calibrated, has 0-5v output for datalogging, lcd display, etc.
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product...x.asp?mode=nml
http://www.powerdex.com/

If I bought a wideband right now it's what I would get.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just get a Zeitronix. Then you have a bullet proof failsafe for meth.

NM, saw you already bought the innovate. Hope the 02 lasts longer than a week...

Last edited by ChuckP; Jan 31, 2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

umm thx ChuckP...

Bryce <- wonders if Chuck gives backhanded well wishes in person too. *sigh*
Old Mar 5, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think the best overall feature of the Zeitronix for ANY level user is the alarm feature. When you are mashing the gas racing a friend at the track (or wherever)and you are going way lean or EGT's are high enough to liquify your pistons, its nice to have an audible and visual aid to say "hey dumbass...problem over here! Let off the gas please before I die!"Ok, it just buzzes but thats basically the point the buzzer is trying to make, lol. Just ask someone who ever raced at a 1/4 mile track who simply told themselves to see what your peak boost was during a run, only to forget to keep an eye on stuff during the heat of the moment.

We aren't always as in tune with our gauges as we should, its nice to have a feature which can be a second set of eyes when things go bad.