Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Differences between dyno tune and mail flash

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 01:58 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kingman4
After getting my cams put in, I'm looking for a tune. Now I'm torn between Mellon and Ivey... Mellon has great reviews and is a lot less $$.
Kingman, feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to discuss this further. Someone is desperately trying to make this thread about themselves and they don't even have a pony in this horse race

Last edited by Mellon Racing; Jan 25, 2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup - still got the printout! 296 at the wheels, but i've since added i/c piping, new intake, and cams are going in soon...
let me know how it turns out..... i did dynoflash dyno tune in october but im so-so w/ them. i am contemplating removing my ebayo2 and retuning w/ mellon myself.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 02:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mifesto
let me know how it turns out..... i did dynoflash dyno tune in october but im so-so w/ them. i am contemplating removing my ebayo2 and retuning w/ mellon myself.
let me know if I can help mifesto!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 02:18 PM

Also, for the record. Let me re-iterate what I said in my original comment. It's not that a mail order tune can or can't be done. It's just the subjective element that is unique to every car. That is the part that you have to feel, hear, in some cases smell.

I'm sure the above two gentlemen have a flawless track record. But, I just offer an opinion, just like anything else.

Jorge (RiftsWRX)
www.ProjectWRX.com
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

After getting my cams put in, I'm looking for a tune. Now I'm torn between Mellon and Ivey... Mellon has great reviews and is a lot less $$. Ivey also has only had rave reviews, has a dyno, and the shop is half an hour away from me.

What can I expect to receive from a custom dyno tune that I wouldn't receive from a Mellon tune? (aside from the price difference) All I can think of is road tune vs dyno tune. Any thoughts?

how ya doin man. If you want a taste of locality AND Florida, let me know. I'm about 1 hour away from you and we have floridas premier flasher working for us now. If need be you can even come to our shop located in long island and I can personally do the e flash for you with our tuner at a very small extra charge. We do not limit the amount of flashes it takes to get your car right and we also offer a great retune service. Our tuner is 4WS and hes very well known on evoM as a great tuner. Please let us know if your interested in coming up here, checking out our shop and getting it done. We guarantee you'll be happy as well or there will be no charge and we will flash you back to stock

-Steve
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:22 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After getting my cams put in, I'm looking for a tune. Now I'm torn between Mellon and Ivey... Mellon has great reviews and is a lot less $$. Ivey also has only had rave reviews, has a dyno, and the shop is half an hour away from me.

What can I expect to receive from a custom dyno tune that I wouldn't receive from a Mellon tune? (aside from the price difference) All I can think of is road tune vs dyno tune. Any thoughts?
Use a real tuner like Sean Ivey for the best in person results!

If you choose to use the eflash route, TTP is a thoroughbred Stallion in experience as we innovated the RemotEflash service some time ago.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Jan 26, 2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Nothing like having an actual measure of what the car is putting out, dyno.

Nothing like having someone who does these cars every day look over your car to see what is right and what is wrong. So many cars come in with improperly installed parts or other safety hazards that we fix on the spot alot of times for free.

No back and forth we get it done right there.

Street testing after, even though after all the time on the dyno I am fully aware of what if any changes need to be made for the street.

Do eflash if you are limited budget wise TTP or JESTR are very very good choices for that.

If you need the dyno/ custom tune call us and we would be more than happy to help.

Sean!

Last edited by Sean@Iveytune; Jan 27, 2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

^

I'll vouch for Sean any day of the week.

A tune is about so much more than making power, lots of people forget that

Scorke