Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

LC-1, XD-16 Error 2 (first use)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I didnt even think, Iv been trying this with the key on, car not started. Mabye if I drive the voltage up a bit by starting it for a minute (it's rich as h*ll). Mabye its a little out of the LC-1 threshold voltage..........(trying that)
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jameson_IXMR
I didnt even think, Iv been trying this with the key on, car not started. Mabye if I drive the voltage up a bit by starting it for a minute (it's rich as h*ll). Mabye its a little out of the LC-1 threshold voltage..........(trying that)

i was going to tell u to start the car but i thought you where doing that. when u say on that kinda means running. thats why i said key in on position ehehe. let us know.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

No luck... Either one of you have an MR?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:38 AM
Evolved Member

No luck... Either one of you have an MR?
dident think so since your o2 does not heat up like it should

no i do not have an MR. 03 evo here
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:45 AM
Evolved Member

The OEM oil temp thermocouple is built into the oil drain plug, (i replaced it with a normal one), unclipped the couple, started un-zip-tying the wires, and it runs into a hole near the fenderwell, cant get to it to get it out... Suppose I can take the wheelwell out, but thats alot of work to remove 4 feet of dual 22ga wire that isnt even being used. Bothers me to have it just sitting there though.. Why wont anything work out today!!!

Im going to sleep it off, Ill talk to you guys tomarrow probably. Thanks for the help the last 2 days.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:47 AM
Evolved Member

The OEM oil temp thermocouple is built into the oil drain plug, (i replaced it with a normal one), unclipped the couple, started un-zip-tying the wires, and it runs into a hole near the fenderwell, cant get to it to get it out... Suppose I can take the wheelwell out, but thats alot of work to remove 4 feet of dual 22ga wire that isnt even being used. Bothers me to have it just sitting there though.. Why wont anything work out today!!!

Im going to sleep it off, Ill talk to you guys tomarrow probably. Thanks for the help the last 2 days.
well if you like we can trade problems. id be glad to have yours. HAHAH. g/l man and let me know how things work out. bed time for me.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a problem once with the sensor not heating up.
I updated the firmware to 1.1 and it helped.
on another note, my LC-1 worked flawless for 8 months then all of a sudden it started giving me problems. Now I have to do a heater cal. before tuning, but if it sits for a few days it looses its heater cal. It has been sent back to Innovate & still the same.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

^^ Thats definately an LC1 problem, send it back again. The calibration resistor information is stored in flash memory on the LC-1 itself. Either it is faulty or it is possible your unit is mounted in a shock-prone area or near a magnetic device?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
try to calibrate it to open air one more time. i had to do that a few times to get mine to work properly.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Double-check your ground connection. I had a similar issue recently when helping a friend install his XD-16. We has run the ground from the pig tails on his TT harness and got an error. We grounded to a metal brace behind the dash instead and it started right up and worked great.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

^^ Thats definately an LC1 problem, send it back again. The calibration resistor information is stored in flash memory on the LC-1 itself. Either it is faulty or it is possible your unit is mounted in a shock-prone area or near a magnetic device?
yeah, I was planning on sending it back again.
I'll try moving it first....thought that it was far enough away from any magnetic sources ,but maybe not, it's worth a shot.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

I spoke to Innovative today, they gave me some troubleshooting advice. I informed them that the ground was perfect, less than 1/100th of an OHM. They still suggested I check out some more grounds. I read out the sensor today. I read the top middle to bottom middle pins (goes through the heater coil). it read 4 Ohms. I heard 3-5 Ohms is good for the coil. Im going to run power from the battery through a switched relay to the unit(s). Also ground dirrectly to the negative battery terminal. Ill be sure to let you know what happens, shouldnt take me more than half an hour......
Old Jan 29, 2008, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Okay, I connected the unit to a spare battery I had laying around, and now it freaking works. What kind of INSANE ground does this thing need, dang. So theres an answer, if your ground is .000032 ohms, thats too high apparently, keep searching. I may run it its own personal ground wire. I suppose it uses the 0ohms ground as part of its calibration. I am just thankfull it works! Thanks for the heads up Innovative, sorry I was probably an a$$ on the phone.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

Okay, got the darn thing working. Turned the key to accessory, and the gauge started its loooong voyage (heater countdown), then finally it read 20.9 and the analog gauge (well digital lights simulating an analog gauge) pegged right(red). So I start the car, and the thing turns off then back on and starts counting again. (Which was annoying). I figured it was still warm from before starting the car so I let it do its thing then watched the gauge. It kept cycling between 2 things. I need to plug the computer in and program the thing, Ill do that tomarrow. But heres what it read.

20.9 and "o2" the manual says this is very lean.
With a tiny inch of throttle, it reads 7.9 and pegs blue??
7.9 and the AFR/a (where a is the lambda sign)
Im guessing thats a lean mixture, which is odd because it should be super rich. Im going to program the gauge and get to know it better.

So what do you think? Im actually not sure if its showing me the lambda, or the AFR, and I wish it would stop changing between the two. So I recorded the numbers and shut it back off. (First time it has ran in a good period of time).

So I am thinking it meant
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Jameson_IXMR, can you descripe exacly what you did, I have the same problem

Quick Reply: LC-1, XD-16 Error 2 (first use)