Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

LC-1, XD-16 Error 2 (first use)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
LC-1, XD-16 Error 2 (first use)

This pertains to the Innovative LC-1 and XD-16. (as there was no other section for this)

I wired everything up, used a convienent power and ground, I tested them, they are fine. I powered up with the sensor off, I get E-2 flashing permanently. Manual says that fine, I wait 20 seconds, power off and hook up sensor and leave it in open air. I turn power on, still E-2.

I have re-soldered every connection, verified the wires are right, the terminator plug is in where it should be. Im guessing sensor is bad or the LC-1. Any ideas to further troubleshoot untill Monday when I can get some support?
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jameson_IXMR
This pertains to the Innovative LC-1 and XD-16. (as there was no other section for this)

I wired everything up, used a convienent power and ground, I tested them, they are fine. I powered up with the sensor off, I get E-2 flashing permanently. Manual says that fine, I wait 20 seconds, power off and hook up sensor and leave it in open air. I turn power on, still E-2.

I have re-soldered every connection, verified the wires are right, the terminator plug is in where it should be. Im guessing sensor is bad or the LC-1. Any ideas to further troubleshoot untill Monday when I can get some support?
i might confuse you but there are 2 inputs and 2 out puts. are you sure there setup right?? also there is a blank plug that needs to be used as well.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

here is what i got

disconnect sensor from the lc-1
turn car to the on position for 30 seconds. you should see E-2
then turn off car
reconnect the sensor to the lc-1
turn car to the one position till the wideband gauge reads between 20.7 / 20.9 blink o2

reinstall o2 sensor into exhaust pipe and start tuning
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

if my above post does not work you either did it wrong or its hooked up wrong.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Oh no, I have had a great deal of "hands-on" time with a multimeter, and various board-level, and component logic gates. The power wires are solid, they rate at 14.2Vdc with a .2Vdc tolerance. The ground reads nothing over 0.00032 Ohms. The stereo linked triax connectors are connected as follows.
LC-1 Input - Terminator Plug (blank)
LC-1 Output - XD-16 Input
XD-16 Input(I mean output) - disconnected. (for use with serial cable to computer)

I have read through the serial/stereo cable, and everything is fine. There is either a faulty sensor/element, faulty LC-1 device, or I accidentally set some option or something completely strange that forces the E-2 code. I never get the coil warmup sequence or anything, and the sensor does not produce heat. Since the sensor is cold and the XD-16 is not displaying "- - -" indicating comm failure. I assume it is the Sensor.

Anything I'm missing?

Last edited by Jameson_IXMR; Jan 27, 2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Oh no, I have had a great deal of "hands-on" time with a multimeter, and various board-level, and component logic gates. The power wires are solid, they rate at 14.2Vdc with a .2Vdc tolerance. The ground reads nothing over 0.00032 Ohms. The stereo linked triax connectors are connected as follows.
XD-16 Input - disconnected. (for use with serial cable to computer)

I have read through the serial/stereo cable, and everything is fine. There is either a faulty sensor/element, faulty LC-1 device, or I accidentally set some option or something completely strange that forces the E-2 code. I never get the coil warmup sequence or anything, and the sensor does not produce heat. Since the sensor is cold and the XD-16 is not displaying "- - -" indicating comm failure. I assume it is the Sensor.

Anything I'm missing?
go turn the car on and on the xd-16 gauge there is a button. push it 3 times real fast. what happens?? it should say cal or something. then push it 1 more time. then do the steps i said above
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evodan is like a god... Do everything he says or you'll be damning everything you ever did... Don't ask me how I know.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wicked E
Evodan is like a god... Do everything he says or you'll be damning everything you ever did... Don't ask me how I know.
o crap. here we go again. dont get me started. HAHA
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

I've noticed lately that all the people that swear up and down their **** is correct and you tell them what to do right off the bat and they still swear their **** is right. Come to find out they waste 2 weeks swearing when they could have taken your suggestions for 5 minutes and had their **** working...

Some people...
Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

XD-16 Input - disconnected. (for use with serial cable to computer)

Anything I'm missing?
ur gauge is wrong.

xd-16 output is the one for the cable for the laptop

swap the output for the input...

then reset the hole wideband. then do what i said above.......................... again

Last edited by EvoDan2004; Jan 27, 2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

I <3 you dan...
Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wicked E
I <3 you dan...

HEHEHEHEEEH
Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

Oh a typo, I have it connected correctly. Yes the XD-16 out is for the laptop. Sorry about that. I already tried forcing a cal on it. I get the "Cal" flashes like it wants me to say yes or no. I agree with a press of the button and it goes straight to E2...

Thats..

10 Display - E2
20 Press Button x3
30 Display - CAL
40 Press Button x1
50 goto 10

Anything else I should check?

Last edited by Jameson_IXMR; Jan 27, 2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

I'm stumped and dead tired... Let me sleep on this and hit you up tmw. I used to own the same gauge set up in a previous turbo car of mine so it's been a while.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Oh a typo, I have it connected correctly. Yes the XD-16 out is for the laptop. Sorry about that. I already tried forcing a cal on it. I get the "Cal" flashes like it wants me to say yes or no. I agree with a press of the button and it goes straight to E2... Anything else I should check?
when you touch the o2 sensor to see if its hot are you touching the sensor part ''tip'' or the metal part that the wires are going into???

Quick Reply: LC-1, XD-16 Error 2 (first use)