Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

LC1 installed by a shop, help me find it!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2008, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LC1 installed by a shop, help me find it!

Had my Innovate LC1 installed at a local shop today (it's cold out and I'm lazy ). In hast I left the shop without asking the installer where he placed the LC1 in the car so I can connect the serial cable to it and my laptop at the other end. He placed my free air calibration button and LED in the storage cubby under the controls for a/C & heat. Where you think he hid it?
Old Feb 4, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
take the glove box out, should be in reach.

Jamie did a video on how to remove the box if you need it. its in the alternate maps thread, ecuflash
Old Feb 4, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would think its under the radio area or under the console or shifter console. That way it has a good reach to the grommet for the o2 sensor. The LC-1 wires are pretty short, should be like 4 feet longer IMO.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Call them up
Old Feb 4, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

thought about that....but they closed 3 hours ago.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

I guess I'll just pull up the carpet on passenger side and look for the grommet and hope they passed O2 sensor through there. thx.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

if you have a stock cat they would have run it up under the dash.it will be under the radio. take the glove box out.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

I have stock everything, I want to tune the car stock and mod as I learn. They stated they would run it through the grommet...who knows. I'm going to trace from the O2 sensor on passenger side...if it's there haha. thx for everyone's advice.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, I am now bleeding and learned some things, but not the ultimate goal.

Removed ash tray, glove box, kick panel on passenger's left foot if they were sitting in the car.

The free air calibration button and LED are mounted in the storage cubby under the Heating and A/C controls. I traced those wires under the cubby hole and found some misc wires disconnected (expected since I do not have gauges or anything.). Those wires plus the ones connected to the button and LED go into a blas pastic sheath and travel up behind the glove box and through to the right side of the car. I looked down near the carpeting on the right side of the passenger side and see the wiring disappears above the carpeting, but in plain sight if u climb down there as if it were going into the engine bay or to some grommet I can't see. Still no sign of the LC1.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Just trace the tapped ecu wires to the LC1 wiring harness. Or wait till tomorrow and ask them..
Old Feb 4, 2008, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

I believe I see tapped wires in the open space under the cubby hole where the center console holding the ashtray and whatnot rises up to meet the cubby hold. I see a white connecter plugging into something and wires coming out of it, I believe some of the wires from the black sheath are taped in there.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Jack the car up and look for the wideband sensor then trace it from there.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Call them.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

according to the shop, the LC1 where I connect my serial cable is located in the panel under the steering column.

They did not use the grommet in passenger seating area where left foot would be, they used a grommet near the strut tower on the passenger side to pass the sensor through. There is a sensor by the ABS unit under the hood...Does this all make sense to you experienced guys?
Old Feb 5, 2008, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bster13
according to the shop, the LC1 where I connect my serial cable is located in the panel under the steering column.

They did not use the grommet in passenger seating area where left foot would be, they used a grommet near the strut tower on the passenger side to pass the sensor through. There is a sensor by the ABS unit under the hood...Does this all make sense to you experienced guys?
You can get it into the cabin any way you want. Most people use the grommet right above where the dp/tp meet to minimize the wires hanging under the car.

Quick Reply: LC1 installed by a shop, help me find it!