Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

AMS Not Tuning with AP Any More!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
I'm still not understanding the whole glitch thing.

We have a guy that constantly circuit tracks his car with a AP unit with three pro-tuned maps by us that he constantly switches between. No issues whatsoever and his car is not stock by any means:

Evo 9
FPgreen
Cosworth Cams
Denso 720cc injectors
Ecu-controlled boost with GM 3-port
Cone filter
All the normal supporting mods
100 octane street tune
100 octane track tune
91 octane street tune

Car made great power on our dyno and like stated above is driven hard on and off the street.

The only "glitch" I can think of with the Pro-Tuner is that the logging sample rate is pretty slow at this time which can make it a little frustrating at times.

The injector scaling was a bit odd at first since it's different than other tuning tools but we figured it out and fuel trims where 100% in check after a little fiddling.

2 Weeks ago when IA PERFORMANCE in Tucson AZ went to order the Software as myself and couple other individuals on their docket to want a custom tune for the AP........they were told by cobb that the (and this is paraphrased from second hand conversation) first round of software had "glitches" ....what ever that means I have no idea....but they wouldn't ship out the software to IA until they got them fixed.

That is alls I know.........I have asked in the COBB FORUMS ....WHEN will the "New" software be out and they have not responded.

I was hoping you could shed light on this as COBB has not.

Bryan....are you tuning these cars you talked about with the BETA software or did GST then buy the actual software after the beta test software? Can you say which software you are using?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:39 PM

good luck getting responses over at the cobb forums from someone that works there. Hell I post here and get more responses and help from vendors then there. I guess they gave up on the evo already since they have the 350z out now.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Good Luck
Old Mar 28, 2008, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
AP did not work with my IX. The base map lowered boost to 12 psi for some reason, and neither I, either of the Cobb guys I talked to several times, or the tuners at the local tuner could figure out what the problem was. No boost leaks, and it runs great on the stock map. I am going to have to look into this tephra thing...
Old Mar 28, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaliMR
AP did not work with my IX. The base map lowered boost to 12 psi for some reason, and neither I, either of the Cobb guys I talked to several times, or the tuners at the local tuner could figure out what the problem was. No boost leaks, and it runs great on the stock map. I am going to have to look into this tephra thing...
Did you install the COBB boost hose line (if they mailed it out to you...you have to ask)?

If your car doesn't have their boost hose line on it then your stock boost lines need the secondary pill removed or else your car won't respond to their maps.....PLAIN AND SIMPLE...............OOOOHHH I almost forgot...if you only remove the secondary pill sometimes that isn't enough...depending on the ELEVATION of your state the main boost pill may need modding.....in terms of a smaller hole in the pill..........that is why COBB would rather just send you out a line

Last edited by CPA5; Mar 28, 2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
I'm still not understanding the whole glitch thing.

We have a guy that constantly circuit tracks his car with a AP unit with three pro-tuned maps by us that he constantly switches between. No issues whatsoever and his car is not stock by any means:

Evo 9
FPgreen
Cosworth Cams
Denso 720cc injectors
Ecu-controlled boost with GM 3-port
Cone filter
All the normal supporting mods
100 octane street tune
100 octane track tune
91 octane street tune

Car made great power on our dyno and like stated above is driven hard on and off the street.

The only "glitch" I can think of with the Pro-Tuner is that the logging sample rate is pretty slow at this time which can make it a little frustrating at times.

The injector scaling was a bit odd at first since it's different than other tuning tools but we figured it out and fuel trims where 100% in check after a little fiddling.

2 Weeks ago when IA PERFORMANCE in Tucson AZ went to order the Software as myself and couple other individuals on their docket to want a custom tune for the AP........they were told by cobb that the (and this is paraphrased from second hand conversation) first round of software had "glitches" ....what ever that means I have no idea....but they wouldn't ship out the software to IA until they got them fixed.

That is alls I know.........I have asked in the COBB FORUMS ....WHEN will the "New" software be out and they have not responded.

I was hoping you could shed light on this as COBB has not.

Bryan....are you tuning these cars you talked about with the BETA software or did GST then buy the actual software after the beta test software? Can you say which software you are using?

Any answers on this Bryan....It would really be a help...at least to me!!!!
Old Apr 4, 2008, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbo271
Just called AMS yesterday to ask them how much pricing would be on 2 or 3 maps with the AP and they said that they are not using the ProTuning software any more because of glitches in the program. It was taking them all day to do a tune and it was just a hassle.

WTF is going on? This completely throws of my plans for what I wanted to do with my car, especially since I already bought the AP. I only bought the AP because I knew there was going to be software to be able to do custom tunes.

Anyone know anything? Possibly future plans?
Not to hijack your thread, but I got a utec with a bunch of maps tuned by AMS if you want to buy it. I know turboxs is no longer supporting it, but it does everything you need. Even has a stutter box setting so you can launch off boost. The only reason I got rid of it was because I went with the AEM/speed density. PM me if you're interested.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Guys,

Let me clear things up for y'all. We committed to supporting the Evo market which can be shown by the release of the updated AccessTuner-Pro software. IAR should be getting their software today and the rest of the tuners will be able to upgrade later today.

As far as glitches in the AccessTuner-Pro already on the market, there are none to my knowledge. What we did address in the AccessTuner-Pro software were features aimed at making the tuners life easier. During the upgrade process there was a little snafu internally that delayed the sale of our tuning software to a couple tuners.

Thanks,
Rob
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks Rob
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Glad to hear the software is on its way....

Good job Rob