Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

AMS Not Tuning with AP Any More!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2008, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS Not Tuning with AP Any More!!!!

Just called AMS yesterday to ask them how much pricing would be on 2 or 3 maps with the AP and they said that they are not using the ProTuning software any more because of glitches in the program. It was taking them all day to do a tune and it was just a hassle.

WTF is going on? This completely throws of my plans for what I wanted to do with my car, especially since I already bought the AP. I only bought the AP because I knew there was going to be software to be able to do custom tunes.

Anyone know anything? Possibly future plans?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Why not just use the stock ECU with a Tactrix Cable?

IMO the AP is a complete rip off for the money.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Because I don't want to carry a laptop everywhere I go.

I plan on going E85, so I would need to switch maps at any point depending on E85 availability.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbo271
Just called AMS yesterday to ask them how much pricing would be on 2 or 3 maps with the AP and they said that they are not using the ProTuning software any more because of glitches in the program. It was taking them all day to do a tune and it was just a hassle.

WTF is going on? This completely throws of my plans for what I wanted to do with my car, especially since I already bought the AP. I only bought the AP because I knew there was going to be software to be able to do custom tunes.

Anyone know anything? Possibly future plans?
I got an email from the owner of IA Performance on Monday....he went to order the software (this past monday) and cobb told him that the new software would be shipping hopefully next week.

They told him exactly what AMS told you, glitches are bi&*hes

Count yourself lucky you didn't get protuned with the first batch of software....I agree though that it is definitely disappointing to have to wait even longer.

It seems like if COBB says next week....we will probably get protuned next month...but whatever I'd rather them get it right than have my car blow up because of glitches.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pr3z

Thanks for entering the AP forum just to bash on someone's decision......
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

+1
Old Mar 13, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

glitches? News to me. I got protuned at GST in Hayward and there was no indications there was issues with the software.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

just another cheap evo owner, so i guess you must have an ebay exhaust 02 housing and intercooler on your ride, right?

or are you so selfish that you forgot that most people cant tune their own cars?

Originally Posted by Pr3z

Old Mar 14, 2008, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SCEvol8
glitches? News to me. I got protuned at GST in Hayward and there was no indications there was issues with the software.
What numbers did you get from the tune????
Old Mar 14, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

power mods are:

660cc injectors
Megan 3" DP
HKS cat-back (still using stock cat for the time being)
HKS 272/272 cams
Buschur open air filter
Walbro
Stock VIII turbo with 9.8 hotside

Dyno'd at 277 awhp and 262 ft. lbs. @ 21.9 psi running CA. 91 octane on a Mustang Dyno. Have been told by a number of people that those are pretty good numbers considering my still running the stock cat, 9.8 hotside, and CA. 91.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah...no one really said anything about glitches for well over a month after the software was out....maybe the way your car was tuned and set up the glitches didn't come into play.....either way it is still good news to hear things with your tune went so well.

Are you going to put on the new HKS cat back, 10.5 hotside, and test pipe/HFC to gain more power soon?

Good luck
Old Mar 14, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Haha! I want to but I have to pay off the stereo and alarm install first. I'm definitely giving serious thought to the Cobb high flow cat and either a IX turbo or a Green with new fmic and lower IC.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Haha! I want to but I have to pay off the stereo and alarm install first. I'm definitely giving serious thought to the Cobb high flow cat and either a IX turbo or a Green with new fmic and lower IC.
I don't want to sound like a dad...but...what ever you do don't do anything that causes you to go into debt!!!! Make sure you can pay everything off right away....I've talked with and heard from so many people how they dumped thousands and thousands of dollars into a car by maxing out credit cards they couldn't pay off or by using their home equity $$ (which is SOOO Stupid).

Okay end rant...just hoping I can help someone see the light of no debt
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by CPA5
I don't want to sound like a dad...but...what ever you do don't do anything that causes you to go into debt!!!! Make sure you can pay everything off right away....I've talked with and heard from so many people how they dumped thousands and thousands of dollars into a car by maxing out credit cards they couldn't pay off or by using their home equity $$ (which is SOOO Stupid).

Okay end rant...just hoping I can help someone see the light of no debt

Hey CPA5 I am right with you (sounding like a dad myself now although I am not one). I belive one should pay his/her debts off quickly. I am on that same channel except the only issue is that I bought this thing called an EVO and it is one "spensive ****!" Thus, this is not an item that I can pay off too quickly!

Sometimes I wonder if I should have used the $$ to purchase an investment piece of property rahther than the EVO until I go WOT and then a BIG is on my face an all those thoughts go wayside. Haha

This may be off topic, but are there any cheaper but decent qualitiy turbo back exhausts anyone would recommend to go along this AP? In other words, anything cheaper but somewhat similar to Cobb's exhaust?
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

I went into a little debt but only because I knew I'd be able to pay it off relatively quick

Quick Reply: AMS Not Tuning with AP Any More!!!!