Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Boomslang harness compatibility?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boomslang harness compatibility?

I have a question for those who have this harness. I searched and couldn't find an answer anywhere. Is the harness used for the S-AFC2, the same one used for the AVC-R? Reason I ask is because I plan on getting an AVC-R, and my friend has a harness laying around (although I'm sure the one for the VIII which is what he has, is different than the one for the IX). Also, when you get the harness no splicing of any sort is required is there? I'm assuming the point of the harness to begin with is to make it PnP. I also posted this in Evo general but didn't seem to get a reply. Thanks.
Old May 9, 2008, 10:30 PM
BGR
Evolving Member

I have the harness on my IX with SAFC2 and it is plug and play - no splicing needed or any other modification. I don't think the harness will work with the AVC-R and I know your friend's wont work on your IX either since its for the VIII.

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
I have a question for those who have this harness. I searched and couldn't find an answer anywhere. Is the harness used for the S-AFC2, the same one used for the AVC-R? Reason I ask is because I plan on getting an AVC-R, and my friend has a harness laying around (although I'm sure the one for the VIII which is what he has, is different than the one for the IX). Also, when you get the harness no splicing of any sort is required is there? I'm assuming the point of the harness to begin with is to make it PnP. I also posted this in Evo general but didn't seem to get a reply. Thanks.
Old May 9, 2008, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

The boomslang harness appears to be a full plug and play jumper harness. Even going so far as to include the plug in portion to the AFC etc.

If you are looking for something that will work with the AVCR - you can get a straight jumper. (With nothing tapped) And tap that instead of your stock wiring. But that just saves your stock wiring if/when you remove it. And it is not plug and play.

In that case any of them would work. But an VIII and IX is not compatible.