Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

When do I really need a tune?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
When do I really need a tune?

I was thinking of swapping out my upper and lower intercooler pipes with the one's from ETS. MY current set up is in my sig. I have not tuned my Evo8 with those mods. Would I need a tune after the replacement of the intercooler pipes? I know the tune will help in power. Serious replies please.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A tune is alwas good anytime. A stock evo will make 25+ whp... With tunes the gains just get better and better.

We can do an e-flash tune if you'd like that's full custom to your mods, location and driving style.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like some more information.

Cheers!
Old May 4, 2008, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depending on how far you plan on going down the mod path should help you decide when to tune. It makes no sense to tune, then add a part, then re-tune, then add a part, then re-tune, etc. Unless you want to see gains from each individual mod and/or have the coin to shell out for multiple tunes/flashes. Acquire the mods you want, install them, fine tune it, done. Just my .02