Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

evo 8 map

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2008, 02:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo 8 map

I would like for someone to take a look at my map. i have been working on my own tune, for a bit now. but for some reason, i keep hitting knock in the higher rpms. consistant 4-6 counts
just recently i down shifted into 3 and punched the gas. Got a cloud of black smoke (grayish smoke) and knock showed 30 on the commander.

If i just get onto it in 3rd minimal smoke ( since i am still running rich) and the 4-6 counts. Should i pull ignition first, or just add fuel and bump up the ign?
Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by EvoVIII808
I would like for someone to take a look at my map. i have been working on my own tune, for a bit now. but for some reason, i keep hitting knock in the higher rpms. consistant 4-6 counts
just recently i down shifted into 3 and punched the gas. Got a cloud of black smoke (grayish smoke) and knock showed 30 on the commander.

If i just get onto it in 3rd minimal smoke ( since i am still running rich) and the 4-6 counts. Should i pull ignition first, or just add fuel and bump up the ign?
Email me your maps and ill take a look for you. If you have any logs that would be helpful too: nianlala@hotmail.com

If you are referencing the knock level as indicated by the commander then you dont really have much to worry about: 4-6 counts is nothing and simply engine noise. 30 is obviously a bit higher but on the verge of being acceptable. If you see over 35-40 on a consistent basis you need to check fuel and ignition and go with a more conservative tune.

The PFC has a warning when knock count goes above 60. In my experience you can get up to 60 but not have any real knock from listening to the det cans but 20-30 peak knock counts is nice and conservative.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Cool thanks for the reply. I will send you the map i have currently in my car. My wideband went bad, so i have not been able to do any tunes. That event only occured that one time. has not happened since then.
But I am Running REALLY REALLY RICH. to the point where fuel is actually comming out of my exhaust, along with the Black cloud or richness.
Not 100% sure if i have to adjust my Base Map and then go from there.