Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Aem Wb

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aem Wb

I searched but "AEM Wideband" comes up split so I searched through it all and found nothing as pertaining to my question; just a bunch of random topics. If you can find a topic that'll help me out, direct me this way and spare me the flaming.

My question is in order to use the AEM wideband, do you need the AEM ECU? I'm assuming you can just program the wideband to your current set up. I've heard some mixed stories about doing that so I figured before I jump into it, I'd ask. I'm talking about the AEM UEGO.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa
I searched but "AEM Wideband" comes up split so I searched through it all and found nothing as pertaining to my question; just a bunch of random topics. If you can find a topic that'll help me out, direct me this way and spare me the flaming.

My question is in order to use the AEM wideband, do you need the AEM ECU? I'm assuming you can just program the wideband to your current set up. I've heard some mixed stories about doing that so I figured before I jump into it, I'd ask. I'm talking about the AEM UEGO.
You do NOT need the AEM EMS to run the WB! You can connect everything to read to your guage and EvoScan w/ your stock ECU.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 03:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you do not need AEM just to use the uego..
Old Sep 8, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

The AEM UEGO Gauge is a standalone wideband that CAN be fed to the AEM EMS if needed...

The AEM EMS is NOT REQUIRED to operate the AEM UEGO Gauge....

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...roducts_id=810
Old Sep 8, 2008, 03:58 PM

That's what I figured. I was told by some people it's mainly something people run with their AEM ECU. It's not recommended with a stock ECU. I figured it was all gaff. Thanks for solidifying my hunch.

Do you guys just run the AEM WB and flash the ECU?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SupaDoopa
That's what I figured. I was told by some people it's mainly something people run with their AEM ECU. It's not recommended with a stock ECU. I figured it was all gaff. Thanks for solidifying my hunch.

Do you guys just run the AEM WB and flash the ECU?
i am currently running the wideband off of my stock ecu... no problems here... as stated above, just use it when your logging on evoscan
Old Sep 8, 2008, 04:57 PM

Awesome. That's music to my ears. My buddy recommended the ZT-2. Obviously, the system looks amazing. The thing is I don't have double the money to dish out but the wideband is pretty crucial at this stage in time. So, thanks for the input.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Yea, I too use an AEM UEGO when I log. You have to make a serial cable, then use a serial to USB adapter to get it to log, but its not rocket science.
Here is a thread about making the cable.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...deband+logging
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by alan678
The AEM UEGO Gauge is a standalone wideband that CAN be fed to the AEM EMS if needed...

The AEM EMS is NOT REQUIRED to operate the AEM UEGO Gauge....

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...roducts_id=810
Just finished installing mine tonight...
Old Sep 9, 2008, 05:26 AM

Let me know how you like it, 8RS.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 07:45 AM
Account Disabled

I really think that Mitsu new this was comming... There was a hole in the floor already, just had to pop the grommet, and file it down a little bit to get the sensor to fit through...... I put the Sensor on the downpipe at a 1 O'clock position about 3 in. before the flange to the cat delete pipe... Being that this gauge is NEEDED when tuning a car, its well worth the investment.. PM me if you need any help hooking it up, ill send ya pictures...
Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
before the investment in a WB just carefully think of what your plans are. UEGO is awesome and it is what I currently have. BUT the more expensive zietronix has a much prettier display, bigger numbers and from what I understand has failsafe abilities. I bought my UEGO thnking i was not going to do meth injection. But now I have meth injection and have to rely on custome failsafe for a/f's. Just really think of what your going to do in the furture.
by the way I have no problem logging the AEM UEGO and it works flawlessly.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Good info...I'm about to pick one up on ebay for like $220. I don't have plans for meth so I just want something that's affordable and accurate.

If anyone has any purchase or install advice I'd appreciate it! Looks like ebay has them the cheapest.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
before the investment in a WB just carefully think of what your plans are. UEGO is awesome and it is what I currently have. BUT the more expensive zietronix has a much prettier display, bigger numbers and from what I understand has failsafe abilities. I bought my UEGO thnking i was not going to do meth injection. But now I have meth injection and have to rely on custome failsafe for a/f's. Just really think of what your going to do in the furture.
by the way I have no problem logging the AEM UEGO and it works flawlessly.
AEM has failsafe abilities, its just labeled scramble boost. I'm planning on using this when I install the meth kit sitting in my room. I just have to add a relay when the failsafe adds current to the wire, and then the relay will add ground to the guage, changing the boost solenoid setting to a preset level determined under "scramble boost"
Old Sep 9, 2008, 09:37 PM

Meth won't be installed until early next year so right now, it'll serve it's purpose.