Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

setup questions for my evo8 pnp

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2009, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
setup questions for my evo8 pnp

Maybe I'm over thinking this. I just broke off one of the nipples to my fuel control solenoid while finishing my build. I'm going to be running an adjustable FPR. Bearing all that in mind, do I really need to have the solenoid or will I be able to eliminate it and simply put straight vacuum off the manifold to the FPR?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 02:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
straight vacuum line from the manifold to the FPR. just like any other EMS
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks. After 21 hrs of straight working on the car, thngs just weren't quite making sense to me for a bit.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

NP. what kind of setup does your evo have ?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vboy425
NP. what kind of setup does your evo have ?
2.3 stroker, reworked head, hta 35r, 1600cc injectors, twin fuel pumps, etc..etc..etc..

Ran into another problem. Has anyone else had an issue with the PNP and the innovate LC-1? The LC-1 is working, calibrated, and reading correctly (separate wideband verification), but the autronic isn't seeing it. Is there a setting I need to adjust somewhere that I'm not seeing?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by thebluesky
2.3 stroker, reworked head, hta 35r, 1600cc injectors, twin fuel pumps, etc..etc..etc..

Ran into another problem. Has anyone else had an issue with the PNP and the innovate LC-1? The LC-1 is working, calibrated, and reading correctly (separate wideband verification), but the autronic isn't seeing it. Is there a setting I need to adjust somewhere that I'm not seeing?
How did you connect it to the autronic?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jokeri
How did you connect it to the autronic?
Hard-wired into to primary o2 sensor wire at the ecu, with the stock o2 sensor eliminated as per the manual. I can't remember which pin off the top of my head. I followed the directions of both the LC-1 and the PNP, but the PNP was not seeing it.

I did try to adjust the settings on the LC-1 but for some reason they wouldn't take at all. Gauge would still read AFR, but it was set to send lambda to the ecu. I ideally wanted it to send lambda to both the gauge and the ecu, but that setting wouldn't take for some reason. Could the problem be related?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:05 PM

Do you have sm2 or sm4 based PnP?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Hard-wired into to primary o2 sensor wire at the ecu, with the stock o2 sensor eliminated as per the manual. I can't remember which pin off the top of my head. I followed the directions of both the LC-1 and the PNP, but the PNP was not seeing it.

I did try to adjust the settings on the LC-1 but for some reason they wouldn't take at all. Gauge would still read AFR, but it was set to send lambda to the ecu. I ideally wanted it to send lambda to both the gauge and the ecu, but that setting wouldn't take for some reason. Could the problem be related?
Read my post on the innovate forums..."Mission Impossible: Ground Offset"

That will get you where you need to be.

-Jon
Old Feb 17, 2009, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Here is the link

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...ion+impossible
Old Feb 21, 2009, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jokeri
Do you have sm2 or sm4 based PnP?
SM4 based.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by casper980
Hmm, I've read it most of what I'm reading makes sense. I'm currently using a chassis ground within the cabin. I'll try switching that to the ecu ground and see what happens. The noise filter placement has me scratching my head a bit though.

I'm not drawing my power from the ecu, I'm drawing it from a separate fused source that turns on the same time as the ecu. If I'm reading your post correctly, you wired the noise filter from the power source to the LC-1. Wouldn't it make more sense to wire it from the analog out to the ecu?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:14 AM

Hmm, I've read it most of what I'm reading makes sense. I'm currently using a chassis ground within the cabin. I'll try switching that to the ecu ground and see what happens. The noise filter placement has me scratching my head a bit though.

I'm not drawing my power from the ecu, I'm drawing it from a separate fused source that turns on the same time as the ecu. If I'm reading your post correctly, you wired the noise filter from the power source to the LC-1. Wouldn't it make more sense to wire it from the analog out to the ecu?
Noice is not the problem why autronic does not read your lc-1.
I think it´s a wiring or LC-1 programmin or autronic cal problem.

Does your LC-1 have 6 or 7 wires?

How have you exactly wired the LC-1 to autronic?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

You could be right about that, I should try it and see if it helps at all. I just figured that the noise was going into the lm1 and that was corruping the out put. Instead of the lm1 causing the noise. Like I said in the post, I don't know if the noise filter is helping at all, I think the wiring is the important part, along with adjusting your out put voltage on the lc1. Just follow my right up (except the noise filter) and it should work. If it doesn't try the noise filter. Let me know if you still run into problems. GL

Last edited by casper980; Feb 22, 2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

what 1600cc are you using ?