Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

AEM WB02 vs ProSport WB02 - Logging question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM WB02 vs ProSport WB02 - Logging question

I currently have an AEM WB02 gauge (uninstalled), but I have a few ProSport gauges already installed. ProSport now has a WB02 available, which wasn't available when I bought my AEM WB02.

http://www.machevo.com/prwiaigakit.html

It uses the Bosch 5v O2 sensor. Does anyone know if this is the same as the one used in the AEM UEGO WB02 ... and particularly, if it is the same, does that mean that EvoScan will log the data the same way? I don't want to buy it and have it not work with EvoScan correctly.

Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2009, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jba3
I currently have an AEM WB02 gauge (uninstalled), but I have a few ProSport gauges already installed. ProSport now has a WB02 available, which wasn't available when I bought my AEM WB02.

http://www.machevo.com/prwiaigakit.html

It uses the Bosch 5v O2 sensor. Does anyone know if this is the same as the one used in the AEM UEGO WB02 ... and particularly, if it is the same, does that mean that EvoScan will log the data the same way? I don't want to buy it and have it not work with EvoScan correctly.

Thanks!
No not the same sensor that the AEM uses, and if you get a prosport gauge then no you won't be able to log with it because the prosport doesn't have a 0-5v analog output. I just got off the phone with prosport and they are supposed to be coming out with a wideband that will also have a 0-5v analog output for dataloggers in late summer2009.

Stick with the AEM until the new prosport comes out, or just stick with the AEM period...
Old Mar 6, 2009, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
No not the same sensor that the AEM uses, and if you get a prosport gauge then no you won't be able to log with it because the prosport doesn't have a 0-5v analog output. I just got off the phone with prosport and they are supposed to be coming out with a wideband that will also have a 0-5v analog output for dataloggers in late summer2009.

Stick with the AEM until the new prosport comes out, or just stick with the AEM period...
The ProSport WB02 IS a 0-5v output. Narrowband is 1v, and wideband is 5v for O2 sensors. Here's a link directly to the manufacturer:

http://prosportgauges.com/wideband-a...ratio-kit.aspx

ProSport does use the Bosch sensor just like AEM. ProSport uses the 4.9 one, and AEM uses the older 4.2 (thought new ones may use 4.9 ... mine has a 4.2 @ ~2yrs old).

I'm not sure what moron you talked to at ProSport, but their wideband O2 gauge is out and has been out for months. That makes me question when they say there is no 5v output. I guess that's what I need to find out....