Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Eboost settings and boost fluctuating. Experienced ppl please help

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eboost settings and boost fluctuating. Experienced ppl please help

have a 03 evo 8 with stock turbo and just recently switched from an xede piggyback to turbosmart eboost 2. having problems with the settings and unfortunately no one in the area is really familiar with the platform. ive been running around 29 psi for over 5 years but since the eboost i cant hit no more than 23 in my first 4 gears and will hit 24 and drop to 14 and fluctuate. Hopefully someone will be able to advise me on the settings. the set point is at 84, stock waste gate set point at 9 psi and sensitivity i have been messing around between 15-30 values. The eboost manual and there techs told me that when the boost fluctuates and you are unable to hit full boost consistently that the problem may be the sensitivity being too high and/or wastegate settings. im told the stock waste gate should be set to 9.0-10.0 psi. sensitivity i had as low as 15 and still problems were ocurring with the boost fluctuating and dropping to around 14-16 psi. I also tried picking a higher value of 35 for the sensitivity but still same problem. Some more input would be handy lol. P.S. in case anyone asks, yes i have triple checked all connections on turbo wastegate intake manifold eboost controller and everywhere else lol.