Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Autronic???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2003, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autronic???

Hellow my EVO fellas,
For sure, choosing the right fuel management system for the EVO is just a hot topic and I'm sure everybody in here wanted to know which system is the best bang for the buck. But sometime that is not even the issue. The issue is quality of the system and finding good tuners. That to me is very hard. I live in Houston, and I'm pretty sure there is alot of performance shops around H-town, but If I could have a system that can auto tune itself, then that is the way to go. I bet most of you here never heard of the autronic. Well, since the first time I saw it on boost solution, I have been curious and been trying to do some research on it. Is anybody here know anything about the system. Perhaps one of the guy from boost solution can reply to this post and share the wisdom. Boost solution is currently working on their project evo. They are using the autronic system. I think their targeting bhp is 1000. Ahhh, can't wait until they post their results. GOOD luck boost solution and keep us updated.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 04:00 PM

I have talked to some that is considering buying it, here is what I know.

You can auto tune your car... with the system on you just start the car let it run for 5 min then do a few hard pulls. You can also ajust things manuly.

it also has anti lag it you want it.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Anybody here with a more technical answer? I think autronic is now my #1 choice for computer upgrade.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where are you guys getting it from??
Old Oct 6, 2003, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Boost solution. Go there.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.madevelopments.com/home/index.htm
Old Oct 6, 2003, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

1700 bucks thats a lot. Sounds like a nice system though.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 06:57 AM

I used to own an Autronic SMC (thus my screen name) w/autotuning capabilities, which is probably very similar. Keep in mind that in order to use autotune, you'll need either the Exhaust Gas Analyzer (lambda) or something similar. The EGA is about another $1000 in addition to the SMC for a grand total of $2k-$3k. The autotune functionality is pretty slick as you're able to just watch the fuel map numbers change magically. However, you still need to adjust timing yourself and the SMC version that I had recently did not have knock sensing capabilities. I'm not certain if they have this feature now or not.

Overall, it worked fairly well, although there is only so much you can do on the street, in my opinion. You'll need to get the car on a dyno for some fine tuning.

http://www.autronic.com/
Old Jun 29, 2008, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

The Autronic ECU's are arguably the Best Stand Alone Management for the Evo. The Autotune function can tune the car under low load, OFF boost on the street (which could allow you to drive the car to the dyno), and it is possible however extremely difficult/next to impossible to tune ON boost high load area's of the map. Due to the fact that you have to hold the load cell and RPM point steady in order for Autotune to work. On a dyno this is done very easily and the car can be Tuned very quickly in this way. From that point an Experienced Tuner can further extract power and effeciency from the engine.

The Autronic Plug and Plays for the Evo not only have the ability to control all of the stock features including the ability to tell the A/C to cut out during high RPM's then restart at your specified RPM point. It also has Anti Lag, WOT Shifting, Launch Control, and the Ability to Control Giant Injectors and Hugh Cams and Still maintain an OUTSTANDING Idle. Also has built in Data Logging feature, built in Check Engine error codes, that flashes the codes on start up but doesn't keep the light on.

As far as Knock Detection, excessive valvetrain noise and High RPM's can trigger the knock sensor, because it thinks its hearing pre-ignition and they can also mask the sound of detonation. A Good Tuner can tune the engine properly and eliminate the need.

The Autonic does have fail safes, Engine Coolant temp can limit RPMs, there are also Limp Modes based on Throttle position, Coolant, Manifold Pressure, and Exhaust.

Oh and have you ever looked at the specs on rally cars? 90% of them have Autronic ECU's, They are Extremely Reliable and Rally Proven.

However finding someone close to you that can Tune it Properly can be a Challenge. Autronic FTW IMHO
Old Jun 29, 2008, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

Short and sweet; I had Autronic PnP for the Evo IX. Was alright, for the money its a good system. Much better then AEM that is for sure. But I ended up taking it off cause I wasnt 100% satisfied with it.
Originally Posted by casper980
The Autronic ECU's are arguably the Best Stand Alone Management for the Evo.
Definitely not. Good bang for the buck? Ya. Best? Not really.
I coughed up the coin, and bought a Motec M800 ems. Best thing I did for the evo.
Now I know Motec is expensive, and guessing 99% of the people dont want to pay that much. But do I think Motec is worth it? Most definitely.
I am selling my Evo now, buying a Supra, and I am contemplating putting the Motec on my Supra.. not many Systems are so versatile.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 02:07 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds pretty cool.. but I know nothing about tuning.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

autronic is really a great stand alone system if you have the tuner for it... many people tend to stay with the aem because its not as confusing to use... i made 660 @ only 27psi with a gt3582... once the ignition amp goes in i will probibly make 800 on a hta35 on only a smc board..... one of the greatest tuners for race cars on autronic is Enzo in long island http://www.enzo-racing.com/

ps im selling my autronic SMC if any1 is intrested
Old Jun 29, 2008, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Autronic uses the same board as the aem ems, it is a very good stand alone. The should be a good number of people who tune autronic with in a 5 hours drive of you.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 02:46 PM

Autronic sm4 pnp i have in my car its bang on the only importer in the uk is MA developments the kit if mapped correctly is second to none (ov tried motec m800) as you know these kits come from australia so tuners are limited if you do go for the autronic make sure your mapper gets the COLD START right or it will be a pain to start the car from cold if you run an aftermarket boost controller you can get rid of that aswell as the boost control on the autronic is second to none aswell
i dont understand what you fellas mean by self tune?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inneedof
Autronic uses the same board as the aem ems, it is a very good stand alone. The should be a good number of people who tune autronic with in a 5 hours drive of you.
Are you sure they use the same board?? I thought they had their own board and are made in Australia.

Am going for a PnP sm4.

Quick Reply: Autronic???