Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Altered Atmosphere?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDream
First of all don't make blatant comments such as "It's the best out there" because it isn't. I highly recommend CBRD as they know a lot more than both you and your friend. If you don't believe me go ahead and search and read the reviews. Go ahead and do a search on the F-con as well, see how much you find.

I live in the Rockville area, 10 minutes from Gaithersburg and have heard negative reviews about all the shops in the area, especially all the problems with DTM in Chantilly. If he insists on having the F Con, good luck to you both in finding a tuner who still specializes in tuning that device.
Hey there I have searched alot I may be ignorant to it just becasue I come fromt he Supra world where every EMS in the world is open to us. He thought about AEM ems but I told him that is a no go to many problems and wasted spark etc. Thought about a flash but a flash isnt quite as stable and a standlaone unit just look at some dyno pulls compared to a flash comapred to a standalone much smoother. I am not trying to argue with anyone just wanted to hear peoples exp with AAM and the HKS fcon. Alot of people dont agree with it 1. people cant afford to have the car tuned when the setup is changed. 2. The avalibility of a HKS pro Dealer kinda pushes people away. But just from my exp with friends with there supras on HKS fcon they have had ZERO problems and I eman ZERO problems meaning cold weather tempc hanges it runs fine blazing ehat it runs fine no spit no sputters nothing! Now I am want toc hange my Supra over from AEM to many problems. I am no way trying to make anyone mad those are just a few reasons why he decidded to go with HKS Fcon if it was up to me it would PROefi all the way. Thanks for the input you guys have given so far and I called my friend LAex Hudspeth and he took his GTR to AAM said he had a bad exp so I think we might stear away but I guess every ones exp is different from the other. Please leave more info on the f-con and AAM!

Thanks guys!
Old Oct 24, 2009, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay away from Altered Atmosphere. They are a hack shop that I have had experience with a few of years ago. Just go to CBRD. Good Luck.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Location: I'm Canadian living and working in Dubai/Kuwait/Bahrain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i thought this thread was referring to chem trails....
i guess not.

http://educate-yourself.org/ct/