Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Altered Atmosphere?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Altered Atmosphere?

Hey guys I am new to this forum here just recently help finish up my freinds car an EVO 9. We just got finished with all of the headwork and now it needs a tune! One problem is he wants to go with HKS F-con V-pro 3.3 in his car but there only a few few pro dealers int he country. We found a a shop called AAM (altered Atmsophere) in gaithersburg Maryland and when we called they seemed very helpful and said they would be able to get the V-pro in and tune the car when ever we are ready. Does anyone have any personal exp with this company (not just hear say)? If anyone could give me some feed back it would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan J. Scott
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you look at CBRD in York, Pa. They do amazing tuning!
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Brsox10288
Did you look at CBRD in York, Pa. They do amazing tuning!
Hey there!

Yes we did actually well I should say I did he just seems to have his minda made up with getting HKS F-con V-pro in his car he would take it to IVEY TUNE is NJ but that is quite a trip just for a tune. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I highly recommend getting it tuned by cbrd! They know what they are doing
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Wow altered atmosphere I have not heard that name in years! They are mostly known for their vr4, 3000gt engine work from what I remember.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
With all the tuning options open to us, why use that?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

CBRD doesn't do the HKS Fcon. Altered Atmosphere is good peopl if they say they can do it they can. But the trip to Ivey is probably worth his knowledge of the 4g63 with that Ecu.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

I used their shop when Robert of Robispec and I installed some suspension on my Eclipse. They were very nice guys and great to work with, though this may have been since they seemed to be doing Robert a favor they owed. While I was there I did see the Fortune Auto time attack car (or is it just sponsored and owned by one guy? not sure) there being dyno'd. Might want to talk to the owner of that car about his/their experiences with them as I don't know much about their relationship.

Edit --- err, I did NOT use their shop, and realized I got them confused with AMS. My memory sucks!

Last edited by TSiAWD666; Nov 4, 2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:17 PM

He wants to go with the HKS F-con becasue it is the best out there PERIOD. Ask the guys over at IVEY TUNE that is there bread and butter we would have went to them but its just to far away for a tune that will probably need changed every couple of years or so for we will be changing setups constanly to track the car.

Last edited by rscott22; Oct 21, 2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:27 PM
Account Disabled

First of all don't make blatant comments such as "It's the best out there" because it isn't. I highly recommend CBRD as they know a lot more than both you and your friend. If you don't believe me go ahead and search and read the reviews. Go ahead and do a search on the F-con as well, see how much you find.

I live in the Rockville area, 10 minutes from Gaithersburg and have heard negative reviews about all the shops in the area, especially all the problems with DTM in Chantilly. If he insists on having the F Con, good luck to you both in finding a tuner who still specializes in tuning that device.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

your friend needs to rethink his choices. why would he want to us an ecu that cant be tuned locally? even if "its the best ecu period" why go through the unneeded hassle of having your tuner be so far away. wouldnt a local tuner be more beneficial to a "race car" than someone far away? talk some sense into this guy, if cbrd is that close, he'd be a fool not to take advantage of them
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:46 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would like to know the mod list and the reason the HKS was chosen...

we (and others) have proven that we can make massive amounts of power on the stock ecu....

if we can help we certainly will, but if you want the HKS tuned, I would take it to sean ivey.

cb
Old Oct 21, 2009, 01:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
if you MUST used the HKS...Sean Ivey @ Iveytune is the only place I would go.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 01:41 PM

I dont recommend going to Altered. I haven't heard too many good things about them when it comes to tuning.

There is AMS in Gaithersburg, MD that may be worth contacting since they specifically work with Evo's and I know they offer dyno tuning.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 01:58 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
IVEYTUNE for HKS!

Quick Reply: Altered Atmosphere?