Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

need to find tuner spot or speed shop!! sad/funny story for free if read

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2009, 03:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy need to find tuner spot or speed shop!! sad/funny story for free if read

I am in dier need of help! I live in Branon, Missouri right now and can not find a speed shop anywhere!! Im about to have a new clutch/pp installed along with a test pipe and cold air filter. After those installs i really need a tune but i dont know where to go and get one in my area. Please help me look for one. Ive tried everything but the closest thing i got is a towing company. I know theres some secret word to search for a shop to help me tune my evo and check for boost leaks when i need to.

p.s. last time i asked a local mechanic to check for a boost leak and have the test pipe installed the guy laughd at me saying that my engine will blow cuz "that ther compooter inside that ther ingen will send the wrong compooter sigals and jumble all that oil stuff vrywher. Shoot" then he contined to spit chew everywhere. as far as a boost leak he said he didnt see any gas leaking.
Also i have two anti-foulers to get installed on the o2 sensor for the test pipe. Which the mechanic said that those parts arent for my car. Sigh.

this is what im dealing with and need help. Thanks ahead of time.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Time to face facts and realize you are on your own and if that is what your "mechanic" is telling you then he doesn't fully understand your car. Take matters into your own hands and quit giving this dude your hard earned money because you know more about your car then he does.
Boost leak;
http://www.vfaq.com/mods/ICtester.html
And the good news is that with the intake and the test pipe you don't "have" to have it tuned. It should run OK, just disconnect the battery for a few minutes so the computer can reset and it should be able to adjust for the bolt on stuff after some idle time and an afternoon of cruising.
Are you going to get the most power you can from those parts? No, but it won't blow up.
Get yourself a flashing cable, a log-able wideband, go to the ecuflash forum. Read up, ask questions, and do it yourself. It just takes time, but it's better to learn the to trust "somebody" in "whatever-shop."

PS
Don't forget to drill out the antifouler a little bit.

Last edited by turbolarry; Dec 29, 2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

wow thats a lot of info than i expected. Thanks for leading me in the right direction thats for sure. as for the mechanic, he didnt get any of my money. i just kept asking questions to find out what he really knows. which is nothing. Thanks for all the info and i guess i have a long road ahead of me (full of boost) and it will get me that much closer to my car.

p.s. totally drilled that anti-fouler already. thx for that tho