Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Taking out the Vishnu Xede?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking out the Vishnu Xede?

Is removing the Vishnu Xede from my car a mission? I purchased a used Evo VIII from a dealership however I looked behind the glove box today and saw the Vishnu Xede. I'm throwing a P0300 Random Misfire with further research I see that other people that had Xede would throw the code too. I want to remove it and flash the stock ECU.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

i took mine out early last year when i was having spark issues and thought it was the problem. i just took apart the whole glove department and 4 bolts to the ecu. that way it's easier to unplug and trace all the wires. my exede was also hooked up to a lc1 wideband to so i had a little bit of wires to go though. but its pretty basic. i think you'll have to hook up a wire which i think is the pink one. check out vishnu's website. they still have the info to install this unit. i just did the opposite of what they had. hope this helps. good luck.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by whitedsm97
i took mine out early last year when i was having spark issues and thought it was the problem. i just took apart the whole glove department and 4 bolts to the ecu. that way it's easier to unplug and trace all the wires. my exede was also hooked up to a lc1 wideband to so i had a little bit of wires to go though. but its pretty basic. i think you'll have to hook up a wire which i think is the pink one. check out vishnu's website. they still have the info to install this unit. i just did the opposite of what they had. hope this helps. good luck.
Thanks a lot man. I have one more question. When I take it off will the car be fine to run on the stock map or should I immediatley tune it?

I have
-Greddy TBE
-MBC
-APS BOV
-eBay cracked exhasust manifold
-HKS Intake
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:55 PM

i recently took mine out cuz i got the same code, but even after i had it out and flashed back to stock it gave me the code a couple more times then stopped!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 06:23 PM

I had been throwing a P0300 on my evo that I just bought too under cruising at 3,000rpm. I replaced coils, plugs, wires, cam gears (it used to have adjustable), reflashed at the dealer, etc. Found the vishnu xede behind the glovebox. Just removed it and all was well.

The only real part of the installed/removal is the blue wire that you need to put out and replace with the green that was pulled out. The pin can be hard to remove. Everything else is pretty easy.