Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Can I Log Boost from AEM Boost Gauge in Evoscan?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Can I Log Boost from AEM Boost Gauge in Evoscan?

Hey guys, I tried to do several searches on this but didn't come up with anything so here's the deal...
I'm trying to decide between buying a JDM map sensor to log my boost, or (if it's possible to log boost with) an AEM Digital Boost Gauge because I'd like to get a new boost gauge anyway. I know that the AEM gauge has an analog output wire that can be used for datalogging, similar to the one that's on their widebands. However, I haven't been able to find any instructions on how to log boost with the AEM gauge through Evoscan. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how do you do it? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes ian it can be done.
you have to find a free input on the ecu
i forget which pin now but if you look for a thread started by me "can i log boost with apexi map sensor" i think its called its all in there. pin number and xml settings needed
Old Jul 13, 2010, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by leecavturbo
yes ian it can be done.
you have to find a free input on the ecu
i forget which pin now but if you look for a thread started by me "can i log boost with apexi map sensor" i think its called its all in there. pin number and xml settings needed
Ok I'll check that out. What about doing it the same way as some people do with widebands where u just use a serial to usb cable? I'd preder to do it that way if possible cuz I'm not real comfortable messing with wires and pins on the ecu.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

unlikely ian with evoscan.
there are otherways but starts getting expensive
you could use a lma-3 from innovate motorsport in conjunction with a wideband to log in logworks 2/3 as this will pick up all other engine data via tactrix at the same time as logging wideband and boost from the lma-3
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The easiest way is to just get a 3 bar map sensor or Omni 4 bar an log from the ecu from there. There are a lot of threads about how to to that, and it is fairly accurate. That way you are only making changes to your XML data and not messing with splicing wires and such from your ECU. I have and AEM Tru-boost and am very happy with it. Most of the online stores sell them now, I know that MA Performance does. I would look in to this as a solution to your problem, if you don't feel comfortable splicing and cutting.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo082006
The easiest way is to just get a 3 bar map sensor or Omni 4 bar an log from the ecu from there. There are a lot of threads about how to to that, and it is fairly accurate. That way you are only making changes to your XML data and not messing with splicing wires and such from your ECU. I have and AEM Tru-boost and am very happy with it. Most of the online stores sell them now, I know that MA Performance does. I would look in to this as a solution to your problem, if you don't feel comfortable splicing and cutting.
trouble is ian is from the UK. UK evos don't have map sensors fitted at all from the factory. so he would have to drill his manifold to mount a map sensor and then wire it back to the ecu.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo082006
Yeah my first thought was to go ahead and get a new map sensor (it is a USDM Evo) and a new gauge, but after reading up on the AEM gauge and seeing that it has the capabilities to do datalogs, I thought I could maybe save some money by only buying the gauge. It looks like logging with the AEM gauge isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Unless someone else is able to chime in on a way to log with the AEM gauge, I'll probably just stick with the gauge I have for now and get the map sensor. Thanks guys for your input!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

bringing back dead thread ... how did you endup loggin boost?? .. sent ya a PM
Old Mar 2, 2013, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Looking to do this with a serial to usb and evoscan. I have AEM digital boost gauge and evoscan.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Disable rear 02 and log through that input if your not using it for your wideband.

Pin 75.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

wont i need some type of algorithm?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Apr 3, 2013, 01:21 PM

if u have a omni sensor all you have to do is set up a new adress in evo scan and u can log boost right off the mani also