Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Pro EFI for evo 8-9

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro EFI for evo 8-9

I was just curious how many people have worked with the pro efi system on their evos ? I know that Jason siebles (one of the creators for the aem ems) has developed this system for the evos and i have played with them on multiple occasions. I was just curious if anyone else has had the chance to play with these or give some feedback on them ?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
with the power of the stock ecu it seems unnecessary to use anything but the stock one. theres many high hp evos running to stock ecu with no problem
Old Aug 27, 2010, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8426
with the power of the stock ecu it seems unnecessary to use anything but the stock one. theres many high hp evos running to stock ecu with no problem
The stock ecu Is powerful and can do alot , but theres alot you cant do with it. Rally style antilag (not 2step/launch control), realtime datalogging, much faster on fly tuning, nitrous control, etc. The reason so many people use the stock ecu is because its free. Its very time consuming using the ecu flash software and the interface as it comes isnt very ergonomic, but i understand you can load other "skins" or custom interfaces with it, so that might help. I have tuned with it before and it works well, i just preffer standalones and real time information. The pro efi seams to be the most advanced system i have used thus far and wanted to know what others thoght about it.