Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Question and Advice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2010, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question and Advice

I "think" I have a Power FC for Evolution 7 D-Jetro in my evo 8
The serial number is PFC-EVO7D-020-0062. I followed the harness and its connected to a Denso MAP Sensor I'm not sure if this is the one that came with the D-jetro although I do noticed that the white port where you connect the boost controller has 5 pins and 3 of them is currently used and there's a white wire that goes back in the Power FC.

I got some info through here but it would be great if someone verified my findings:

http://www.paulr33.com/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm

Question is:
1.) How do you figure out if its D-jetro version?
2.) Can a PFC for EVO 7 (if it is for evo 7) work for EVO 8?

Advice:
3.) I saw an optional boost controller sold on a auction site here but its only the solenoid, do I need the MAP sensor? Assuming my PFC is a D-jetro
Old Sep 5, 2010, 08:56 PM

I think I found my answer:

EVO 8 D-Jetro POWER FC KIT
The Apexi D Jetro version allows the Air flow meter(s) to be detached and Map Sensors are used in there place.
Includes:
EVO 7 D-Jetro Power fc & commander
EVO 7 D-Jetro sensor & harness kit
EVO 7~EVO 8 harness

As for the advice? Anyone?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 03:58 AM

If it's D-Jetro you can tell on the commander easily. You should have a "PIM volt" screen under the "setting" option. Under etc--> sensor/sw check you should see PIM. PIM stands for Pressure Intake Manifold and refers to the MAP sensor.

Neither of these details are advertised, but if you already have the harness but you can use any MAP sensor really. In the Datalogit you can set a scale and offset for the sensor. You can use almost any boost control solenoid if you've got wiring for it. Is there an IAT sensor installed anywhere? It should be blueish.

Last edited by arghx7; Sep 8, 2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:25 AM

Here is the Djetro MAP sensor.

It is the same as the optional 3 bar sensor sold for Rx-7. It is NOT the sensor that comes with the AVCR. A GM 3bar is also compatible if you set the scaling correctly in the Datalogit software (scale 6630 offset 0 works). Here is the air temperature sensor:

It is actually the OEM sensor on an FD3S Rx-7. Apex'i basically uses a Mazda part number for it, which is why the part number starts with N3A1 (1992 Rx-7 group). For a more responsive exposed element sensor, a Triumph motorcycle sensor from wannaspeed.com will work: http://www.wannaspeed.com/index.php?...roducts_id=180

The boost control solenoid is the same as the AVCR. It is a Denso sourced solenoid which is the same as the solenoid used on current Greddy Profec controllers.

Other solenoids are compatible, such as this MAC solenoid (same as AEM):

http://www.frightprops.com/pneumatic...-orifices.html

the electrical connectors are AMP Econoseal, 3 pin for the MAP sensor and 2 pin for the boost control solenoid and IAT sensor. These are the same as the OEM Rx-7 connectors. The connectors are available here: http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/ind.../cPath/109_172 .

See a trend? The Rx-7 was the first Djetro Power FC (it is Djetro from the factory) so all the parts were originally chosen to work with the Rx-7.
Attached Images    
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:14 PM

Hey thanks man! Lotsa info there!
Yes i have an IAT, it took me a while to find it in my engine and I have a 3 BAR map sensor too.. It took me awhile to to figure what the heck that hanging thing in my engine bay. It looks like this:

I'm tempted to buy this:

but I was told that this came of from a wrx but not sure what year model of WRX.. I'm gonna ask.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 09:52 AM

For the solenoid it doesn't matter, it's all the same.

It looks like you have an AVCR MAP sensor there. I don't think it uses the exact same calibration as the sensor I posted about. Do you have a Datalogit? If so, what are the scale and offset values selected?

Last edited by arghx7; Sep 10, 2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:55 PM

Unfortunately I don't