Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

ap show realtime afr for evo 8/9?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ap show realtime afr for evo 8/9?

title says it.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 05:48 PM

I purchased and installed the innovative motorsports AFR to work with the Cobb Access Race Tuner (ATR) software. The only problem (and I was not aware of this at the time), is that I have a OTS map from Perrin which cannot be read by the ATR software. What a dissapoitmnet to find this out after the fact. I now have to either get a custom tune and have the tuner leave the map unlocked or tune using Tectra or something similar.

If it is a Cobb map or a map that is not locked, then ATR will allow one to get the AFR supposedly but you have to make sure it is one of the supported AFR products listed for the Cobb ATR software.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:54 PM

sorry to hear, thx for the reply.
Have you been happy w/ the ap for your car?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by artisticspawn
I purchased and installed the innovative motorsports AFR to work with the Cobb Access Race Tuner (ATR) software. The only problem (and I was not aware of this at the time), is that I have a OTS map from Perrin which cannot be read by the ATR software. What a dissapoitmnet to find this out after the fact. I now have to either get a custom tune and have the tuner leave the map unlocked or tune using Tectra or something similar.

If it is a Cobb map or a map that is not locked, then ATR will allow one to get the AFR supposedly but you have to make sure it is one of the supported AFR products listed for the Cobb ATR software.
You can try contacting Perrin to see if they will convert the map to ATR format for you. Some tuners are okay with doing this. It just depends on how important they think it is to keep their calibrations secret.

Sean
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Evol
title says it.
Which WB02 are you using?

Sean
Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:38 PM

I've since sold my evo to buy an 2010 sti se (better suspension bits), and am regreting it.
Was thinking of getting back into an evo ix or even checking out the X though i really love the rawness of the ix.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Evol
I've since sold my evo to buy an 2010 sti se (better suspension bits), and am regreting it.
Was thinking of getting back into an evo ix or even checking out the X though i really love the rawness of the ix.
That is very interesting to hear from someone that moved from the EVO to STI worls and hear that you missed it. Many of us contemplate making a similar move so hearing it from others definitely is a good deterent. ;-)