Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Long term fuel trims stuck at 0

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long term fuel trims stuck at 0

Hey everyone, I'm having a problem that has been bugging me for awhile now and I can't seem to figure it out. I have an 03 3g turbo'ed eclipse running practically all evo 8 gear including ecu wired in conjunction with my stock ecu (auto tranny car). I'm trying to scale my injectors (440cc) and have run into a problem where my LTFT's will not change at all, they are just stuck at 0.
My car is going into closed loop fine and everything and I am seeing feed back from the STFT's and also seeing voltage from both of my o2 sensors on evoscan. I have also tried mitsulogger as well. I have let the car idle multiple times sometimes over 25 minutes and have gone on numerous 20-30 minute cruises. At idle my wide band is sitting around 14.4-15.1 and my STFT's are between 3 and -3. When at idle my airflow/hz are at 37.5. I have tried resetting the ecu by disconnecting the battery and touching the terminals and cranking the car to get all of the power out. I have also tried 3 different evo roms, including the tephramod v7 rom, but nothing has worked. All of the roms I have used are ones that someone has edited the periphery bits so I don't throw any codes (things on the evo that 3g's don't have...also the immobilizer was deleted on 2 of them) I really do not know what it could be at this point, maybe i wired something wrong when I was wiring the ecu? Would a boost leak cause this possibly? I idle at about -21,-22 in vacuum so I don't think I have a leak. Any input is greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Is it driving bad? Is it idling bad? Is there a huge drop in fuel effeciency? If the STFT's are consistantly between +/-3, then there is not enough trim to effect LT's. It sounds like everything checks out.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by turbolarry
Is it driving bad? Is it idling bad? Is there a huge drop in fuel effeciency? If the STFT's are consistantly between +/-3, then there is not enough trim to effect LT's. It sounds like everything checks out.
This is the first time driving since the turbo install, but it seems to drive okay, it idle's very lean on start up for a few seconds then straightens itself out. The STFT's are between +/-3 only at idle, during driving they go all over the place from positive to negative (not sure what range exactly) but I would think that the LTFT's would change at least a little bit because I know its impossible to get them exactly perfect. There is no way I could get my latencies and injector scaling right on the very first time, even though I did use scalings and latencies from someone else who used the same injectors.