Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

innovate LC1 and G3 Gauge question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 08:18 PM
JYD
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
innovate LC1 and G3 Gauge question

when i bought my IX in august it already had an LC1 installed in it. well...to be exact, the sensor was in the downpipe, and plugged into the controller, but it was not hooked to power, or a meter. tonight, i wired it all per the instructions....and it doesnt work. i used a G3 analog gauge. when i start the car, the gauge sweeps all the way up and back down. then after about 20 seconds, the gauge goes all the way up to 18 for a few secs, then hunts around for a few more seconds....and then drops back to 8 and stays there and never moves.

do you think the 02 sensor is fried from living in the downpipe without being powered?

also...on the LC1 unit side of the wiring...there are 7 wires including the green wire labeled as "analog ground" on the innovate website manual....do i ground this wire? the manual doesnt discuss what to do with it....just says...analog ground and nothing else.

all help is great appreciated. thank you!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

I don't quite remember the green wire. But I had a problem with my LC-1 reading funny when i first installed it. Are all your grounds grounded to the same point because that will have an effect on the gauge reading
Old Nov 29, 2010, 08:57 PM
JYD
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by erickponce
I don't quite remember the green wire. But I had a problem with my LC-1 reading funny when i first installed it. Are all your grounds grounded to the same point because that will have an effect on the gauge reading
i did ground them all to the same point. i actually connected the grounds to one big wire, and grounded to the frame under the dash.