Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

o2 dump to atmosphere o2 housing tuning advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
o2 dump to atmosphere o2 housing tuning advice needed.

I recently bought an o2 dump to atmosphere o2 housing from a guy and im about to install it in a week or so but have some tuning questions. My current setup is hks 272s hks suction pipe stock turbo with evo 9 single puck hotside housing 3 inch xs power exhaust and a few other non related parts. I will be doing the tuning myself on an apexi safc 2. My question is if you are tuning using a aem wideband which I will be how would u do this. I ask bc I called aem cause my wideband was not reading consistently. They said it could be due to an exhaust leak before the sensor. If this can cause the wideband to read wrong is there any way to tune it after installing an oo2 dump without a dyno cause it would technically be an exhaust leak once the wastegate opens. Any help is appreciated.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As long as you install the divided gasket you will have no leaks...Also make sure you wideband is working properly before tuning and get rid of that afc and just buy a tactrix cable and use evoscan & ecuflash....afc is olddddd technology...

Which 02 dump did you buy? Toxicfab is coming out with an 02 dump soon and all his stuff is a work of art...I have his tubular stock manifold already and will be purchasing his first 02 dump...I've seen pics of it already, its pretty nasty...If you have any questions, let me know!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Im not sure of the brand. I picked it up off a guy a while back after buying some parts off him. He didn inform me that I would have to run an evo 9 hotside cause it was for an evo 9 luckily my car had one when I bought the evo. And what I was gettn at with my question is once the wastegate opens and that exhasut is dumped to the atmosphere how would u adjust for the differrent wideband reading since its not reading all of the exhasut flow or will it make that much difference in its readings. And ya safc2 are old but hey I gotta work wit what I got lol.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was curious about this too. Since there were not too many responces, I asked over here;
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuni...e-exhaust.html
Old Jan 10, 2011, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbolarry
I was curious about this too. Since there were not too many responces, I asked over here;
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuni...e-exhaust.html
Awesome. Thanks alot. I will keep checking up on that to see peoples responses. Thanks again.