Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Autronic PnP on Stock Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2004, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

You can use any boost control with the Ecu, The Ecu does not have to control the boost if you have a stand anlone Boost controler.
The Ecu has a Mapsensor Inturnal so you dont use the AFM and can remove it, It doesnt come with the replacement pipe but anyone can make one.

Mark
Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've noticed that on Autronic's site that instead of running the regular smc, they are using a motherboard that fits inside the stock ecu box, (making it P&P). Not to mention the internal speed density sensor.

Just curious if any of you are using that, and how much is costed just for the system. And do you send them your ecu to be modded or do they send you one and you send back your stock core or what.

thanks
Old Jun 22, 2004, 06:53 AM

The Autronic board does replace the stock board inside the stock case. Just remove, open, swap board, then reinstall. You don't need to send it anywhere to have the board swapped. I would have to check on the price.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Can I download the Autronic software anywhere? I am interested in seeing how user friendly the software is compared to the UTEC, XEDE, and of course AEM EMS.

And what is the limit of Autronic ECU? I am just wondering why it is not as popular as other systems.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 11:04 AM

The screen shots aren't that helpful?
There is really no limit to what you can do with the Autronic ECU. It is designed to drive low impedance injectors and the MAP sensor goes to 44 psi. The highest recommended RPM is 16,000.

I think I know why the Autronic isn't that popular compared to other systems...not as much advertisement and not a lot of technical support. The support is out there, you just have to know where to look.

Originally Posted by BJai02
Can I download the Autronic software anywhere? I am interested in seeing how user friendly the software is compared to the UTEC, XEDE, and of course AEM EMS.

And what is the limit of Autronic ECU? I am just wondering why it is not as popular as other systems.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 11:09 AM

Speaking of user friendliness, I use a Windows 2000 laptop to connect, make changes and datalog. Accidental key-off while still connected to the ECU, it didn't matter. The Autronic never failed to perform. The screen NEVER froze on me and all changes to the Autronic were performed in real-time.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

CChow,
Can you please share your finding and let me know where else I can find more info and support with Autronic ECU? I am so ready to make a decision between AEM EMS and Autronic. And do you need (or do you have) a wide band O2 sensor hook up? I am wondering how Autronic can tune the car accurately with the factory narrow band O2 sensor.

Originally Posted by CChow
The support is out there, you just have to know where to look.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 11:44 AM

I usually go to the Autronic Forums lead by Steve Nichols. He knows his shiet, and I always get a response. The thing is, the Autronic PNP is just like I expected, plug and play. I have about 8 years experience on the MoTeC ECU, 9 years on the Accel DFI, 6 years on the Speed Pro (FAST) systems, so working with the Autronic software was exceptionally easy.

You don't need the wide band to hook up to the unit. You can ball park the readings using the factory sensor. I recommed purchasing the Innovate LM1 unit. http://www.tuneyourengine.com while tuning with the Autronic.
By the way, the LM1 has an analog output feature so that you can mount a narrow band gauge or output to the Autronic and you now have accurate A/f readings

The LM1 unit by Innovative is about 350.00. It has an onboard datalogger and has inputs for RPM, a backlit display, yadda yadda yadda. It's awesome and allows me to tune on the street anytime of the day

Technically, you could buy the AEM and do the same thing with the LM1. I also like the Autronic because it's PNP, no external boxes. It looks STOCK But people will wonder how you can run monster size-low impedance injectors with the stock ECU The only extra hookup is for an air intake sensor. The Autronic has an on-board pressure/vacuum transducer.

Speaking of which, you can pull out the PNP unit and drop the stock ECU board back in if you want to sell your EVO at a later date. Then sell the PNP unit and recover "some" of your initial investment.

Chris

Originally Posted by BJai02
CChow,
Can you please share your finding and let me know where else I can find more info and support with Autronic ECU? I am so ready to make a decision between AEM EMS and Autronic. And do you need (or do you have) a wide band O2 sensor hook up? I am wondering how Autronic can tune the car accurately with the factory narrow band O2 sensor.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 11:45 AM

Ooops here's the link to their company

http://www.autronic.com/

Link to the company and forums from here: http://www.autronic.com/
Old Aug 14, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CChow
http://www.autronic.com/

Link to the company and forums from here: http://www.autronic.com/
You can't access the forums withour having an ECU with a valid serial number.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

You don't need the wide band to hook up to the unit. You can ball park the readings using the factory sensor. I recommed purchasing the Innovate LM1 unit. http://www.tuneyourengine.com while tuning with the Autronic.
By the way, the LM1 has an analog output feature so that you can mount a narrow band gauge or output to the Autronic and you now have accurate A/f readings

I was told you couldn't do this. Will the AEM wideband hook up to the Aitronic plug n play board?
Old Aug 14, 2005, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by ninjadoc

I was told you couldn't do this. Will the AEM wideband hook up to the Aitronic plug n play board?

No it wont work..
To use LM1 with autronic you`ll have by the Innovatives Autronic cable or you can use the LC1.

Cable

LC1

Check the Innovatives forum for more info
Old Sep 2, 2005, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

are the fjo systems compatible with autotune?
Old Sep 4, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

No. To the best of my knowledge either use the LM-1 or LC-1 or the expensive Autronic one

Originally Posted by sayanara
are the fjo systems compatible with autotune?

Last edited by ninjadoc; Sep 4, 2005 at 08:42 PM. Reason: correct error
Old Sep 6, 2005, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

PLX

I have the autronic PNP on my Evo and a PLX wideband. my friend/shop owner is a Autronic dealer and has the $1600 Autronic analyzer. We went out driving the car one day and the PLX analyzer read identically to the Autronic wideband. I have a resistor network to change the ground voltage signal so it is the same as the Autronic analyzer. That is the reason any other wideband will not work with autronic. I have also used an LM-1 with autronic and it is very laggy. I dont care for how it reads at all. It is not as fast as the PLX. the AEM will not work at all because it uses a different readout. also, narroband is worthless.

Quick Reply: Autronic PnP on Stock Evos