Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Autronic PnP on Stock Evos

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2003, 10:17 PM
ak1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autronic PnP on Stock Evos

Hi guys,

The information included here is purely for those interested in what the Autronic PnP board is all about and the results it produces. We are not here to argue about which system is better and whose dynamometer is to be the world standard. We like the Autronic product and stand by it however, we also install/use/tune products from Haltech, AEM, Microtech, FAST, GReddy, HKS, UTEC, Apex'i, LT1/LS1 Edit and so forth. It really comes down to having the right application for the right user at the right time.

We have done a number of Autronic PnP standalone installs here on Evo VIII's at our shop and have loaded them with our base map. For those curious, here are the before and after dyno readings on STOCK Evos.

Mustang 500-AWD Eddy Current Dynamometer
Weights were set at 3320lbs while the resistance/drag was set at 13.50 as per Mustang's instructions.

Baseline Evos were pulling about 206whp with the highest being dynoed at 210whp.

Example of stock Evo pulls:

After the Autronic PnP installation, the increase was approximately 38-42whp. Our base map on a stock Evo is set at 18-19psi boost and safe ignition timing and a/f ratios on pump gas. This map is designed for 93 octane gas and meant for the daily driver.

Example of Evos with Autronic pulls:

This is also the same map that we used on our Evo with only a clutch an exhaust to hit 12.20 @ 112mph consistently.

This gain is by no means an end, this is merely an improvement of the stock platforms capabilities. The Autronic platform is and will be used to further enhance every other power mod done to the car as it has immense tunability. We do however recommend professional or experienced tuners to tune the car.

Last edited by ak1; Dec 11, 2003 at 10:37 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 10:22 PM
ak1

Just another addition to this post, here is an example of a pull of one of our Evos with more mods using Autronic:

This car dynoed at 206whp on our dyno stock:

This is also a pump gas map set at 20psi and very very safe ignition timing and plenty of fuel. We are currently developing a map for this vehicle with a 550hp T3/T4 Turbo with high boost and 75-100 shot of nitrous on race gas (with all the supporting mods of course).

Thanks for reading!
Old Dec 11, 2003, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

aka1,

Good stuff, can you provide a list of mods on the car with 330 HP?
Thanks.
Old Dec 24, 2003, 12:50 AM
Former Sponsor

I've got a board coming Al's old one... (is it cursed???) but I live in socal does every one using Atronics share Intellectual Property or whats the IP buy in??? Mods=Buscher filter to intake Manifold FMIC ICPK 255 fuel pump 650cc injectors Billyboat exhaust (I know it's heavy but I love the sound dammit!) Every strut bar Cusco makes and apaxi 2 using Buschurs settings 15k miles and still hang'en with the stock clutch! (but have the Exedy in the garage ;-) ) I think people *****ing about their clutch need to learn how to drive! 30 years driving and I've never owned an automatic.... Oops it's out I'm one of those old guys...
Old Dec 31, 2003, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

So how do you set the Rev Limit with the Autronic? :-)
Old Jan 1, 2004, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Autronic you can set rev limit for water temp high and low,also you can choose spark or fuel for the cut and how much cut over how many revs
Old Jan 3, 2004, 11:06 PM

all i have to say is drew has too many cars, but they are all quite nice. and HPH is a very awesome shop.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Do mustang dynos typically show lower numbers for power than most. Just curious becuase that is what i have noticed and i will be doing some pulls on one shortly
Old Jan 5, 2004, 10:52 AM

The mustang dyno is not a jet dyno so the numbers will be lower around 15% so on most other dyno that you have seen on this board and others are jet dyno and will show stock around 220hp to 235hp!
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:59 AM

OT:

jin88, nice bike

<------
Old Jan 7, 2004, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What exactly is a Autronic PnP - what kind of mod?
Old Jan 8, 2004, 09:40 AM

Standalone ECU.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 09:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Does the autronic use the stock solenoid for boost control? (thats the one thing I never asked about)
Old Jan 20, 2004, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

did you convert to speed density with the autotronic install on teh stock evo? also did you setup the boost to hold boost to redline?
Old Feb 9, 2004, 01:03 PM

Now that I have some real time and hands-on use of the Autronic I can help with some tech questions about it.
Also, I'm hoping to sell more of these units from the vendor I'm representing.

The Autronic CAN use the stock solenoid for boost control. It's built into the software. The history of the Autronic and the current crop of rally cars goes back a few years...so this feature has been proven.

Originally posted by MalibuJack
Does the autronic use the stock solenoid for boost control? (thats the one thing I never asked about)

Quick Reply: Autronic PnP on Stock Evos