Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Passing emissions testing with a JDM Evo 7??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passing emissions testing with a JDM Evo 7??

Hey guys, i'm looking into buying a jdm evo 7 that a friend of a friend owns. he lives in a county that doesn't have to do emissions testing, however, I do. I am trying to figure out a way that the car can pass the tests. I believe that JDM cars don't have o2 sensors so I don't know if it's somehow possible to make the ecu say that the car has passed the tests. I've seen the "patch" threads, however to make that work i'm sure the patch has to be modified, or maybe there is some other way to do it. I've contacted several local tuners and am waiting for replies. Thanks In advance for any help guys!

-Zack
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
you have to paste the code into the XML file located in rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo. once the xml is updated that is linked with that rom id, the tables will appear & then you can use the emission hack stuff.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As I posted in the other thread, JDM cars don't have rear O2 sensors, as there is no pre-CAT in the downpipe. They do all however have an O2 sensor in the turbo elbow to control closed loop fuelling.
You will probably have to swap rom ID's as I doubt any of the rear O2 sensor code will be present in the JDM rom.