Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

How do I go blow through (MAP only)?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I go blow through (MAP only)?

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a really noob question. I'm putting a fully-built Buschur motor in my car right now, and this winter plan to put an HTA35R or FP Black in the car. I already got an Omni 4-bar MAP sensor....

What else do I need tune from MAP and eliminate my MAF? Just a tune? Or other parts?

Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CtSilver03Evo
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a really noob question. I'm putting a fully-built Buschur motor in my car right now, and this winter plan to put an HTA35R or FP Black in the car. I already got an Omni 4-bar MAP sensor....

What else do I need tune from MAP and eliminate my MAF? Just a tune? Or other parts?

Thanks!
You also need an IAT and a bung installed in your UICP in order to install the new sensor.
http://www.maperformance.com/aem-inl...ensor-iat.html

You then need to wire that sensor into your old MAF connection. You could use this pre-made wire from http://www.spoolinup.com/:

-Bink
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You would need an air temp sensor. Or you could go cheaper route and take the temp from the fuel supply.
And about $500 for a good custom tune. :}

Last edited by Ev0ikon; Sep 1, 2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: oops. he beat me to it. or Am I just slow? :p
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you're referring to going Speed Density then you'll need your intercooler pipe modified with a bungsfor the appropriate sensor. There are easy ways and harder ways to do it. There's a harness you can buy available now so it's all plug and play, no splicing etc necessary. The only real modification is welding in a bung. These guys also make a harness - http://www.spoolinup.com/ that has gotten great reviews. That and the new intake pipe and a sensor is all you need.