Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Need help with tuning.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2011, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with tuning.

I brought a Evo 8 and I'm pretty sure it used to be modified and was brought back close to stock. The car have a CAI and it did have bigger injectors but I installed the OEM back on. My air pressure guage keeps saying its lean. Now I suspect my ECU was tuned, what's the best way to see if it's was tuned or not and where can I go to have it retuned or tuned to my fit my setup. I am in Philadelphia, PA. Thank you.

Edit.
More info
Car does have oem exhaust.
Real bad on gas.

Last edited by cuonglogan; Sep 6, 2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you reset your ECU when you changed out those injectors or any of the parts?

If not, I'd start with that... it will take the car a good 50 miles or so (both in and out of boost) to relearn some of the tendencies.

If you wanted to see if your car was tuned... you'll need a tactrix cable to hook your ECU up to a laptop. Then the appropriate software (evoscan? ECUFlash?) to download your ROM to the laptop, and you can find a stock rom on a wiki (there should be a sticky for the wiki somehwere ). Compare them in there... I'd make a backup of whatever ROM is on there currently though just in case things go all kiddywampus. In fact... if I were you, I'd wait for someone more GURUish to pop on and sort you out...

I know there are reputable tuners in the Philly area... if not, I'm sure one of the email tuners would help you out with re-tuning. Re-tuning is likely better than going back to stock... but thats your call.