Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Haltech or Pro EFI?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haltech or Pro EFI?

I'm looking to go to a stand alone and I have heard a lot of good about the Haltech. My tuner is a dealer for Haltech but also Pro EFI and he loves the Pro EFI but I cant find much info on them here. I am also concerned with being military and having to move a lot I want to make sure I can find a shop that can tune me when I move from this area.

Any insight you guys can give me would be great as I'm a real noob when it comes to tuning and after market ecus.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

30 views and no one with any insight?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any particular reason your choosing to go with a standalone vs stock ecu? and what are your future plans for the car? (DD, road course, drag stip etc)

you have the right idea about tuning. a lot of shops will refuse to tune cars with either of those engine mgmt systems. i am sure you can find someone to do it but depending on where you are, you may have to drive...

what shop are you currently dealing with out in KS if you dont mind me asking?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

My current shop is Modified. My main reason to go with a stand a lone is I keep seeming to have issues with my tune. It'll get tuned run great then it'll start seeing knock and then pull timing. Also I am currently on SD and at low rpms the car has a slight stutter and its my understanding that it's from the stock ecu trying to do speed density.

As for plans for the car, first Im getting bigger injectors to break the FP Red hp record since I'm so close, then probably ball bearing 6262 making around 750 to the wheels and not sure what I'm gonna use that for lol.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:31 AM

not that its any consolation but my buddy and i are building his sc300 and we've been doing tons of research for pro efi. I''m absolutely sold on it, its very user friendly and can do such a wide range of things. especially the can bus controller and flex fuel sensor. most of the information for it was found on the supra forums.. i would hop on there, i believe there also having a sale for it right now too. i would definatley recommend them.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

The only reason I would go with ProEFI is for the auto ethanol map switching. If you move around the fuel may change. Otherwise a lot of good shops tune on Haltech... It's a very robust tuning platform
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am also thinking about making the switch to pro efi I've did most of my reading on supra fourms but I do no shep runs it other then that I don't know anybody on the fourms who runs it .
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

i like never post here. hell my forum name isn't even accurate but i will say PROEFI.

all my buddies run it. they went from AEM EMS V1's and V2's to this and the cars all run like they were stock...but all make 700+WHP.

the knock control is the best most advanced Ive seen around

the 100% true flex fuel (not just a map switch sensor, adjusts boost timing fuel etc for the amount of ethanol) is a no brainier if you are going to be running e85

the iboost switch allows 5 "maps" to be stored and switched on the fly.

traction control logic is great on it

and last but not least it is an OEM ecu and has insanely good reliability. compared to a AEM, haltech etc.

and it is MADE IN THE USA!!!

i will run a PROEFI on ALL of my cars (even stockish ones) in the future. unless i wanted rally car style antilag and rotational idle i wouldgo with a vipec. but hands down proefi.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to bring this back to life, but what did you go with? I'm on the pro EFI fence myself.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
AEM Infinity.