Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Which Flash to get?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Flash to get?

Have our good buddies 2004 Evo 8 at our shop. Car sat for 5 years untouched, 18k miles. finally got it running again and adding some goodies and its going to need a tune before we drive it down to TN back to him. deff running rich from the new fuel pump

We are debating which tuning setup to go with? Flash? Dyno?

obviously i know a dynotune can be made alot safer then a flash, but dynotune will be pending price.

is anyone having good luck with mail in flashes from either Buschuer or AMS?

Im local to AMS and waiting for an email back on prices for thier stuff.

car has:
stock 04 Evo motor
RPS Clutch
AMS Manual boost Controller
MAF adapter intake w/ k&n
Invidia 3" turboback - stock o2 housing
HKS SSQV Blow off - recirc
Walbro 255lph fuel pump - stock was junk from sitting in gas for 5 years
hotchkis lowering springs

Hes already spent a pretty penny getting it back and running and adding the stuff he has now, plus a ton of re-maintenance of all fluids.

So he could do a dyno tune but seeing if the flashes have had pretty good luck with the tuning capabilities and matching good fuel maps to the mods given.

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2011, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Take it to AMS for a dyno tune. In the scheme of things, what's $400 for a tune...besides the best mod money can buy?
Old Oct 16, 2011, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd take it to AMS if I were you for a dyno tune, they really know their ****.

On the other hand, my friend mail ordered an E85 tune from English racing and it was pretty damn close. I just helped him dial in the AFR and added a little more timing, but it ran damn good as it was.

It cost him $200 if I remember right so if you can get the car tuned on the dyno for just $200 more then that's the way to go imo.