Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Weird issue with uego formula for evoscan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Weird issue with uego formula for evoscan

I tried two formulas last night, 0.3913*x+10 didn't work at all in terms of displaying a value and 0.3913*x+9 did work but it wasn't matching what my UEGO was actually saying, it was like hovering around 10.7 and 10.9 when my UEGO was saying 14.5 and 15.

Any ideas why?

Last edited by Svendiesel; Jan 7, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you running 02 Sim?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

No
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

only reason I ask is I ended up using 0.03913*x+8.7 and all was good until I patched with 02 sim then my AFR readings in EvoScan with same formula were skewed -4/5 points. I removed patch and no issues.

Another issue that was skewing my readings was my grounds, I had ground to screw behind AC, I ended up having to moving to factory ground on body near fuse box. I have UEGO anaglog that also required the brown or Lambda - to be grounded as well otherwise readings were also off, I used shared ground and its been working like a champ.

Not sure any of this is issues you may be seeing, but things I have experienced
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Interesting, Ill check and make sure the ground is good.

Also, let me make sure I have everything right. From what I read elsewhere, there is an option to record via serial cable somewhere in evoscan and you dont need to make a parameter with evoscan in the items list for the AEM UEGO, which I did following DarkMitsu's thread.

Once the Serial cable is wired in to the AEM and to ground, what steps did you do in EvoScan to begin recording your AFR?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Which model UEGO are you using? I am using AEM 30-5130 analog gauge which doesnt have serial out, just analog 5V out. If yours is one of the ones that support serial logging have you done that? I would compare serial logging to logging vs ECU and if both logging methods were off I would contact AEM. If serial is good and ECU logging are different and it appears serial logging is what you gauge displays then its a issue with formula or setup. I would also test voltages you are getting on white wire they should be 0-5V with a voltmeter. If you are using AEM digital I believe there is only one ground black vs mine i have to ground black and brown. If you are using ECU here is a link:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...o-evoscan.html
or
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ial-cable.html

if you want to use serial logging with separate serial cable then see this link:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ial-cable.html
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

I actually got it. I realized there was an option in the menu up at the top to select AEM UEGO and then select which port your serial cable is connected to and it works fine now, didnt need to enter any formulas or anything.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

I got this to work as well but the AFRs in EvoScan seem to be on and then dip to the 11s for a second and then they are back. Any idea what stabilizes that? Would 2-byte load smooth that out?