Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Help! I am able to create knock counts on Evoscan near off-boost! Real or fake??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! I am able to create knock counts on Evoscan near off-boost! Real or fake??

Hi all,

I've decided to log knock counts using Openport 2.0 and Evoscan. My tuner put a ralliart ROM on my 03 Evo 8.

When I'm moving with my foot OFF the accelerator pedal on like 2nd or 3rd gear at around 2.5Krpm, then I press on the accelerator, I seem to be able to create large amount of knock counts. It could be anywhere from 5 to 40 knock counts but I can constantly create it. Boost to about 1~2 psi.

But when my tuner was logging knock counts when he flashed the rom, he said there were no knocks at all. I don't know if he was using evoscan or not though.

I also have Grimmspeed BCS plugged in (but not connected to control boost), I hear ticking noises. Could this cause knock counts?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Can you go back to the standard rom to see if you still get knock? If it goes away it's got to be the Ralliart rom.

Ticking noises sure can cause false knock. Lash adjusters definitely can but not sure about that BCS. Depends on the proximity and how loud it is.