Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

? about AL @ Dynoflash

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
The truth always come out he got exposed for what he really is.

A racerr bro !!!!!! Lol!!!!!!

I hate talking bad about people but this guy is a complete assclown!!!I told him face to face this before.I'm a real racer bra ..Try real *** better..
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
It's very sad such a nice machine destoryed and poor Pete was gone with it never to be heard from again

Thanks to the Bro Tune "aka" Dynoflash.
I really felt sorry for Pete. It was a damn shame what Al did to that car. It really bothered me how he blames everyone but himself. Just because we are modding our cars outside of what the manufacture intended don't use that as a free ride to blow up cars. I mean you really understand he doesn't know how to tune when he adds timing and the car makes no more power. All tuners stop there and back off a bit. Nope add another degree it didn't make anything ok lets leave it there.

But I was happy to see the new owner finally fix the car up and get it running. It was originally resurrected with a 6262 on pump and I think its now on a forward facing HTA86 and E85

http://youtu.be/WZtpV2Q9rww
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Yea, I knew George brought the car and they where building it again , I hope she can for a 8 sec pass I drove that car more than a few times and I know for a fact it can go 8's at least with me driving
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DBallz
I really felt sorry for Pete. It was a damn shame what Al did to that car. It really bothered me how he blames everyone but himself. Just because we are modding our cars outside of what the manufacture intended don't use that as a free ride to blow up cars. I mean you really understand he doesn't know how to tune when he adds timing and the car makes no more power. All tuners stop there and back off a bit. Nope add another degree it didn't make anything ok lets leave it there.

But I was happy to see the new owner finally fix the car up and get it running. It was originally resurrected with a 6262 on pump and I think its now on a forward facing HTA86 and E85

http://youtu.be/WZtpV2Q9rww
Badass car, thank god Al's fat fingers arent aloud near it anymore.
Old May 9, 2012, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, I knew George brought the car and they where building it again , I hope she can for a 8 sec pass I drove that car more than a few times and I know for a fact it can go 8's at least with me driving
I have driven the car on both setups and my god it definitely an 8 sec pass on it
Old May 10, 2012, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ so what's the full story with the car now?

George from the Chop CT owns it now?
Old May 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by impact blue
Honestly I think from all of the comments on here you have to remember guys there are different kinds of tuners. There are teh extreme less conservative tuners and there are the conservative safe tuners. When tuners tune your car you will have other tuners who push their cars to the limit compared to others who tune their cars conservatively safer than others.

Big Al I think is a tuner who pushes his tunes too much to the edge from what it seems which overwhelms the motor since he tries to get more and more out of it. Not taking sides at all but thats what I have come to my conclusions. Anyone else know of any other tuner that tunes less conservatively?
I'm not sure I agree, but I think we can all agree (as stated in this thread) that he also pushes fold-up chairs too hard, bro. That is untenable.

Last edited by boozeup&riot; May 10, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old May 10, 2012, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
^ so what's the full story with the car now?

George from the Chop CT owns it now?
George is from ICS owner. And yes he purchased the car after Al blew it up. Basically to stop Pete from coming on the forums uploading video and making the information public. The car sat in the lot untouched as George still prefers European cars. George called his brother Jimmy the owner of The Shop CT and he got the car back to competition form.

The details of the "rebuild" was basic the car sat for so long they rebuilt the motor checked the head, The DI intake manifold i think was leaking so they changed it to a Magnus Intake and 3" Boomba, T3 PTE 6262, then Jimmy put on his BR FF turbo kit with a HTA 86 and last time I spoke to the tuner they changed the fuel to E85 based on the success Jimmy had with his personal Alpha 10/HKS/FP GTR hybrid setup. I'm actually trying to get them to run both cars from a dig just to see what each can do. I know the GTR went 9.3 @ 151 so I wonder what the evo can do
Old May 10, 2012, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boost556
I know everyone here is entitled to their own opinion so i will say my two cents here as well.
Al tuned my 2004 wrx and made around 370whp i never really had a problem with the car after the tune and was my daily driver.the car run really good until last evo vs subaru when i ran 13.0 @107mph and this i was babying the launch since i didn't wanna break my tranny.Someone was watching me at the etown all the way home because it was stolen the next day.
What i wanna say is that Al is a good guy if you get to know him and he knows how to make power, also i am sure for those people that blow their motor after the tune is probably because they give Al the go ahead to squeeze all the **** out of their car.He always gives you a choice Dyno or no dyno?when i reach a certain power i would tell him that's enough so he knows when the customer is please.I see alot of people have him keep pushing their cars its all about what the customers want and he tries to please them.I won't judge him like that and i will continue to recommend anyone to him if they need a tune i think he is a good tuner.
Wow, you are definitely in the minority here.
He came down to Colorado Springs once for a tuning trip to tune a few cars at Revolutions in 04, and holy **** was that a nightmare. He was consistently 2 hours or more late. He refused to do any dyno tuning as he felt the road tuning was better. He was a complete *** towards the owner from start to finish as well as to most of his customers. He treated everyone's car like **** and drove them dangerously through traffic almost wrecking multiple times. When a guy did throw his car on the dyno after his tune and showed Al it was too lean, he claimed the dyno was wrong and the owner didn't know what he was talking about. He even was a a complete douche in the parking lot and put his rental car up against a telephone pole to do burnouts with it.
The owner pretty much said the hell with Al and didn't open the shop for the rest of the tuning weekend on account of Al's douchiness and the fact that Al wasn't going to share one red cent with Revolutions for using the shop.
Old May 10, 2012, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
George is from ICS owner. And yes he purchased the car after Al blew it up. Basically to stop Pete from coming on the forums uploading video and making the information public. The car sat in the lot untouched as George still prefers European cars. George called his brother Jimmy the owner of The Shop CT and he got the car back to competition form.

The details of the "rebuild" was basic the car sat for so long they rebuilt the motor checked the head, The DI intake manifold i think was leaking so they changed it to a Magnus Intake and 3" Boomba, T3 PTE 6262, then Jimmy put on his BR FF turbo kit with a HTA 86 and last time I spoke to the tuner they changed the fuel to E85 based on the success Jimmy had with his personal Alpha 10/HKS/FP GTR hybrid setup. I'm actually trying to get them to run both cars from a dig just to see what each can do. I know the GTR went 9.3 @ 151 so I wonder what the evo can do
Thanks! I appreciate the info.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

A little update on Big Al........

Maybe the good lord can keep his sube from blowing up.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jesus Christ adds 50+whp
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hotstix
Jesus Christ adds 50+whp
Ya, but the devil allows me to run more boost without detonation.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:22 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by packrat

It's true; life can really be stranger than fiction.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have driven the car on both setups and my god it definitely an 8 sec pass on it

i disagree this car was at the evo/sti day and the thing was driving like a mess. when Pete had this car then maybe it was an 8 second car ''on race gas'' but since they bought it i don't think it went into the 9s.

Quick Reply: ? about AL @ Dynoflash