Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

AEM WB02 questions....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM WB02 questions....

Ive been having a hell of a time trying to datalog my aem with evoscan. Ive had my wideband for a while, and it works perfectly. However i cant get it to play nice with evoscan and im not sure why. Ive searched but havent found anything on here that has helped.

Anyway, the guage has 3 wires, a white one, red one, and blue one. The white and blue are disconnected. The guage works perfectly fine, but im not really sure what the white wire is for. I grounded pin 5 on a 9 pin seriel adapter, and hooked up the blue wire to pin 2. When i go into the evoscan settings and select the com port, select aem, and go to datalog it still doesnt display anything except a static value of 10 under aem wideband.

So anyway onto my questions

1) what EXACT settings does evoscan need to have to datalog the wideband correctly? I drive an evo ix so what ECU, MUTIII or CAN 2006, etc do i select? What box do I check under display on the left to show the wb02 settings?

2) the write ups I have seen didnt discuss a white wire on the wb02. What the hell is that wire for and does it need to be hooked up?

Thanks to everyone in advance. Ive been going crazy trying to work out the bugs with this f***ing wb02...

Edit, im running windows 7 if this makes any difference.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; Apr 20, 2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive had more luck, logging the Wideband thru the ECU, and deleting my rear O2. there is a write up here on how to do that if you so wish.
FYI: White = 0-5V Output, Blue = Serial output. Red is Start/run 12V and Black is ground, Also dont run the car with the Gauge not powerd up, it could damage the sensor. The white wire is what i used to tap into the ECU/o2 wire in order to log AFRs with Evoscan thru the ECU.Here see link.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ut-serial.html

Last edited by blowngasket; Apr 20, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by blowngasket
ive had more luck, logging the Wideband thru the ECU, and deleting my rear O2. there is a write up here on how to do that if you so wish.
FYI: White = 0-5V Output, Blue = Serial output. Red is Start/run 12V and Black is ground, Also dont run the car with the Gauge not powerd up, it could damage the sensor. The white wire is what i used to tap into the ECU/o2 wire in order to log AFRs with Evoscan thru the ECU.Here see link.

Thats an X I have a 9. Are the wires all the same?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:47 AM

Bump for help
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by blowngasket

Does this work with an ix?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My nightmare just over as ive gone thru sleepless nite trying to figure out what happening to my Aem Uego & Evoscan.

B4 i share further, i got a 4 pins & 6 pins aem uego wb.

So, long story short :
1st of all "MAKE SURE YOUR EVOSCAN WAS STABLY LINK ONTO THE SERIAL to USB CONVERTER PORT"!
1) How? Open evoscan and go to the wideband and point yr cursor to the Select Wideband Serial Output and if there is no COM 3 or whatever COM pop out, im pretty sure you hv problem with setting up the Serial Port.

2) Delete the Serial output driver from the Uninstall section.

3) b4 re-installing the serial port to usb converter driver, put in the driver cd & plug in the usb to serial port onto yr laptop than turn on yr laptop or computer. Let the computer automatically install the driver.

4) Do not unplug the usb port when you turn on yr laptop but do not plug in yr Openport cable 1st. After that, open evoscan and do the same check again as on (1). If evoscan prompt out the COM usually COM 3 than i believed you have no problem getting the external wb link to evoscan regardless you have done all the pin connection correctly.

PS - Im using Window 7 and make sure your serial output usb converter cable is compatible with Window 7.

Hope you done need sleeping pills like i did.

Last edited by jameswwt; Apr 22, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jameswwt
My nightmare just over as ive gone thru sleepless nite trying to figure out what happening to my Aem Uego & Evoscan.

So, long story short :
1st of all "MAKE SURE YOUR EVOSCAN WAS STABLY LINK ONTO THE SERIAL to USB CONVERTER PORT"!
1) How? Open evoscan and go to the wideband and point yr cursor to the Select Wideband Serial Output and if there is no COM 3 or whatever COM pop out, im pretty sure you hv problem with setting up the Serial Port.

3) b4 re-installing the serial port to usb converter driver, put in the driver cd & plug in the usb to serial port onto yr laptop than turn on yr laptop or computer. Let the computer automatically install the driver.

4) Do not unplug the usb port when you turn on yr laptop but do not plug in yr Openport cable 1st. After that, open evoscan and do the same check again as on (1). If evoscan prompt out the COM usually COM 3 than i believed you have no problem getting the external wb link to evoscan regardless you have done all the pin connection correctly.

PS - Im using Window 7 and make sure your serial output usb converter cable is compatoble with Window 7.

Is the delete the same as the simulated rear Narrowband on EvoScan that I read about? I'm right about to get my pipes drilled and bung-holed up for an AEM WB02 as well. Also, I have a 1.3U on the way so this thread is very interesting.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by jameswwt

So, long story short :

PS - Im using Window 7 and make sure your serial output usb converter cable is compatible with Window 7.

Ok cool i will have to try this when i get home from work tonight. Quick questin though, what do u mean 4 pin and 6 pin uego? Youre not talkjng about the serial pin layout are you? If you are I had thought that pin 2 was signal and pin 5 was ground on the adapter.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
You really want to log in the ecu. Great when using tuning Tephra 7. I all you have to do that is different is double check the pin on the evo 9 ecu and your done

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...o-evoscan.html
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by DBallz
You really want to log in the ecu. Great when using tuning Tephra 7. I all you have to do that is different is double check the pin on the evo 9 ecu and your done

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...o-evoscan.html
Thanks a lot man, this helped out immensly. I ended up giving up on the serial to usb and hooked it directly into pin 73 on the pcm and it works perfectly. The only thing that was off was the formula and i fixed it by using 9.75 instead of 9 in the equation. Works like a champ now.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Thanks a lot man, this helped out immensly. I ended up giving up on the serial to usb and hooked it directly into pin 73 on the pcm and it works perfectly. The only thing that was off was the formula and i fixed it by using 9.75 instead of 9 in the equation. Works like a champ now.
Glad I could help I need to do mine this weekend just been lazy