Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Best method log AEM UEGO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013 | 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Best method log AEM UEGO

Is it best to log on my IX with Stock ECU through serial to USB or cut pin 73 and log through obd2 via evoscan

I'm having trouble getting my AEM to log with the serial junk.. I don't know how to set up evoscan to show a gauge for the wideband on screen.

Last edited by phrequenc; Feb 9, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 08:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Hrm I've done the analogue and some have had problems with that as well. For me I have to adjust the ground offset every time I open my logger.

I'm about to go serial lol!
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Not sure what that means?
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by illest_evo
Is it best to log on my IX with Stock ECU through serial to USB or cut pin 75 and log through obd2 via evoscan

I'm having trouble getting my AEM to log with the serial junk.. I don't know how to set up evoscan to show a gauge for the wideband on screen.
Don't cut the wire, just buy an ECU pin from Spoolinup.com and wire it in that way. I have done this on my Evo and 2 others
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
Don't cut the wire, just buy an ECU pin from Spoolinup.com and wire it in that way. I have done this on my Evo and 2 others

I may go that route. But my major concern right now is I can't figure out how to view the log to make sure my AEM even reads.
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Can you post up a screen shot of EvoScan so I can see the settings?
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

i dont have the computer on hand, probably can get to it this weekend.
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
Can you post up a screen shot of EvoScan so I can see the settings?

i clicked those boxes per my tuner, still cant figure out how to view my gauges tho, or to even see if its logging what its supposed to

Old Feb 8, 2013 | 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Have you clicked on "WideBand (WBD)" tab at the top and then "Select Wideband Serial ComPort" while you have the wideband serial cable connected with the computer?
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

On the back of you're AEM UEGO there is a blue and a black wire. What I did was extended the wires into my glove box and soldered the correct wire to the correct pin using this diagram

The red wire in these pictures are the extended blue wire. The smaller black wire is the ground that I ran from the gauge to the rs232 connector. (Disregard the bigger black wire that's for my ipod lol) Also excuse how messy it is. I dropped my glove box just to take these pics.

My camera kinda messed up this picture you get the idea lol

This is the rs232 to usb adapter I mentioned earlier.

Pin #5 is just to a typical ground so it can be placed anywhere. Since my computer does not have an RS-232 serial port I bought an adapter to convert it into a usb.

Now, make sure you do all this with everything plugged in. You need the computer to recognize the connection for this to work.

Click up on the wideband tab, select AEM UEGO 9600. After you do that open up the same wideband tab and click on "Open Windows Device manager" to find out which COM port your computer is using for the wideband.

Once you have that open click on "PORTS (COM&LPT)" Since I'm using the Gigaware usb to Serial cable that's what it appears as. In this instance it is using COM port #9

Now go back to that same wideband tab up top. Your first option will read "Select Wideband Serial ComPort" put your cursor over that and then select your appropriate COM port location.

Then you can go back and click the little wideband tick

Don't make fun of my epic paint skills either. LOL if you need more help you can shoot me a pm

Last edited by hiboost2.0; Feb 8, 2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 07:03 PM

I spliced my aem into my ecu about a week ago, so far its been very helpful with data logging and tuning, very accurate. I won't lie, i was a little leery of splicing into my ecu wiring but i ended up having no problems at all
Old Feb 9, 2013 | 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JD Ashley
I spliced my aem into my ecu about a week ago, so far its been very helpful with data logging and tuning, very accurate. I won't lie, i was a little leery of splicing into my ecu wiring but i ended up having no problems at all
i was reading abotu how people keep having issues reading the most accurate AF.. which algorithm are you using?
Old Feb 9, 2013 | 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

hiboost. that does clear some things up, i have done all of this, what im trying to figure out how to make sure its logging and how to view live data.
Old Feb 10, 2013 | 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by illest_evo
hiboost. that does clear some things up, i have done all of this, what im trying to figure out how to make sure its logging and how to view live data.
Ah I see, I've never used that feature before so I couldn't tell you.
Old Feb 10, 2013 | 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for trying to help

Quick Reply: Best method log AEM UEGO