Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Who to tune with (remote tune)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who to tune with (remote tune)

Hi guys, I am looking at doing a remote tune as I am from New Zealand and the tuners from here can't seem to push out power like how American tuners can so I was considering a remote tune.

Originally the plan was to do a Tscomp tune but after seeing how slack and horrible they are with their service in way of replying to my emails, it has made me question them a little bit, but now I don't have any other tuners to turn too.

I know Tscomp is good but I can't deal with the fact that if they can't even reply to simple emails consisting of questions about how it all works, it makes me feel like I would wait for ever to even get a tune from them.

What do others think, what other tuners are there out there who offer remote tuning and have a good rep for good work?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 02:30 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lol your first post and what do you say? You put down people here that you don't even know?
I was gonna recommend Tscomp before I read your post.
Maybe you want to find a remote tuner that rushes a tune and doesn't really give a **** about your car??
GL you'll need it!

Last edited by MR. EVO MR; Jan 26, 2015 at 02:36 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 02:34 AM

No Tscomp isn't replying to me at all, I emailed them over a month ago about the process with tuning etc and how it all works and nothing, so I emailed again about converting to speed density and nothing. Made a purchase for the turning cable and he Evo scan, received the cable but no code or serial for Evo scan and I ask about it and been a while now and still nothing.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 04:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You realise NZ is blessed with some of the best tuners in the world? there's so many factors to a tune than just a big hp/kw number. Different dynos read higher/lower than others so the exact same set up could see 40 kw or so different than another dyno. Where are you in NZ and what mods do you have to your car and what are you wanting to achieve?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 01:27 PM

I don't know where you found that New Zealand has some of the best tuners from because recently what New Zealand called the best tuners in New Zealand (stm), they tuned a Evo 4 with rebuilt motor and head work with a fp black on 33psi and e85 and only managed to push out around 536whp when tuners from America like Tscomp push around 600whp with them kind of mods. New Zealand tuners main run only around the 24psi mark, anything other they do not feel confident.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 01:31 PM

If New Zealand tuners were so great, they would offer TephraMOD v7 for re flashes but they are so behind that the best New Zealand can offer is TephraMOD v5.... No on in New Zealand is good at re flashing the oem ecu and before they even give it a chance, they always recommend and change to a link G4 ecu.... Tuners don't even recommend to change over to speed density over here, they believe that it makes no difference unless your making in the 500whp mark... So I really don't know where you saw that New Zealand has good tuners, because I live in the country, I can tell you right now if they were good, I would be a returning customer 😒
Old Jan 26, 2015, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor

TSComp is going to be the best remote tune you can get. You will need a lot of patience though as Tom is the primary tuner and very busy. If you're willing to wait you won't be disappointed.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Christian at Pure Drive Performance is who I'd recommend. I dealt with him for tuning my cousin's car and plan on having him tune my car when I'm ready. He's very punctual and professional. He's not a vendor on here anymore though, but definitely does good work!

http://www.puredriveperformance.com/..._Services.html
Old Jan 26, 2015, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by H8WRX
I don't know where you found that New Zealand has some of the best tuners from because recently what New Zealand called the best tuners in New Zealand (stm), they tuned a Evo 4 with rebuilt motor and head work with a fp black on 33psi and e85 and only managed to push out around 536whp when tuners from America like Tscomp push around 600whp with them kind of mods. New Zealand tuners main run only around the 24psi mark, anything other they do not feel confident.
Speedtech are known for being conservative, safe and efficent. They've tuned one of my cars before. I got all my knowledge from having performance cars for 10 years in NZ. It's a big wide world there outside of Wellington if you do your research.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

I had great luck with Jay at Boosted Tuning. He answered tons of questions for me before, during and even after the service was done. He was very conservative with is tunes and worked with my weird hours to get my car running way better then the last flash tune it had.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by itsthatguy
Speedtech are known for being conservative, safe and efficent. They've tuned one of my cars before. I got all my knowledge from having performance cars for 10 years in NZ. It's a big wide world there outside of Wellington if you do your research.
This is why i started this thread because i want peoples opinion for remote tune. You say Speedtech is so good but do you know why Andre is selling the business, its because other New Zealand tuners are taking him down with their findings e.g. Dynotech industries discovered how Andre were tuning some cars in 3rd gear to run the numbers higher for cars. He also gave the owner of Dynotech Industries a phone call the next day pretty much trying to rip into dynotech because he discovered his hidden secret and was not happy he showed it too the world. So you may tell me to do my research outside of wellington, but it seems like to me, you haven't done yours and thats why your trying to tell me speed tech is good when it has been proven to me that they are not any more because other people are catching him out for things Andre has kept hidden and now he's moved on. He doesn't even tune at STM any more and all his key staff have left. STM is just a name for a business and shop now, no good things come from there any more
Old Feb 2, 2015, 07:45 PM

I agree with H8WRX Speedtech is crap. iv had and seen serveral cars tuned by them. Will never go back there. quality of work is very poor , yet price is though the roof. there reputation exceeds them by far. there no where near as good as people think. I think he is doing his research that's why hes looking for a remote tune "outside of Wellington" LOL
Old Feb 7, 2015, 01:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tom is sooo good just stay with him. He has been busy getting back on track after the holidays. He will be more and more on top of things as he gets to tuning you and knowing you.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:09 PM

I'd second Christian at Pure Drive Performance. A good friend of mine got his tune from him and he recommended him to me and a couple of his other friends also. I have nothing but compliments for Christian, customer friendly, great communication, very knowledgeable, and very good guy.