Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

need help to undo 3 port!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help to undo 3 port!

Hi guys I need you guys helps, I been using the grimmspeed 3port and looking to go back to stock boost solenoid. is there anything I need to change in the map? or could i just plug up the stock boost solenoid and it be fine? if change is needed can someone pls help guide me to undo the 3port?? thanks in advnace!!!!
Old Aug 8, 2015, 09:04 AM

2 things that needs to be done :

1. Install the stock solenoid, along with the proper vacuum routing for it, including the stock vacuum hose, which includes a restrictor.

2. Tune the wastegate duty cycle table on the ECU. In most cases, the required WDC for a given amount of boost will differ significantly between the two systems.

May I ask why you would go back to the stock 2-port solenoid? The 3-port design, properly setup, should yield better results overall.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 04:41 PM

Thanks for reply...... i dont have the oem vacuum house anymore..... any way around it? Putting car back to stock selling it since i got an 2012 X now.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 07:28 PM

Well, I don't remember the restrictor inner diameter, but it's probably somewhere around .02-.03". A method that I've used in a pinch, is to get a carburetor jet of similar ID, grind off the head and the thread, then insert it in your regular vacuum hose. I assume you know which hose goes where for a 2-port setup?

Don't forget to flash your stock ROM back, as the WDC would be improper otherwise.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 01:16 AM

Dang this sux. My car is base full bolt on, fp red, fic 1250 injectors and 3 port boost controler, speed density, and egr delete. I need flash everything bak to stock but want to keep the egr delete and speed density.... might be harder then i think..... smh lol