Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

pictures of my utec install.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pictures of my utec install.

well i cant figure out how to upload the pictures. If anyone can help me out i would appreciate it. RRR
Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

send them to me at snirgolan@hotmail.com and i will host them for you
Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

you rock, i know the guys wanna see these. Ray
Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

o.k. guys, ime getting a little help with the pics. notice the install of the tuner. It was a pain but i had to be able to see it. Alot of cutting. if you are squeemish, forget it. Then the map switch on the side of the glovebox. hidden and easy to reach. I moved my TT to the clock area. Notice i have access to the side of the tuner dip switches. O.K. TXS plug your ears....... I had to take the top of the tuner off and drill and tap 2 holes. I then back drilled into the plastic facad and screwed it on. You wont use sticky tape with the weight of the tuner. Just wont adhear to the plastic well. There is a thick section in the tuner you will see if you dissassemble. this is the tapped area. Its safe. The knobs must be removed in order to pop the top off. Be carefull. Let me know if you have any questions.RRR
Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Last edited by blonde; Mar 22, 2004 at 07:48 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

looks very good bro!!!
Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

thank you. The tuner is slightly tilted in picture one. Since the plastic is curved you have to tighten them up equal. That will be corrected. Man , i cant believe you fixed the sideways picture. I need to learn that. Thanks for making this board a great hang out.... ray
Old Mar 22, 2004, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by rraulston
thank you. The tuner is slightly tilted in picture one. Since the plastic is curved you have to tighten them up equal. That will be corrected. Man , i cant believe you fixed the sideways picture. I need to learn that. Thanks for making this board a great hang out.... ray
just a little paint magic for you. it botherd me that it was on the side
Old Mar 22, 2004, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

Very Very nice install Ray. Do you mind if I copy?

Ken
Old Mar 23, 2004, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Ray, that looks 100% better then our tuner install. Very nice job! One question though, where are you going to mount the Gameboy?

-Nathan
www.turboxs.com
Old Mar 23, 2004, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Ken, copy away!! RRR
Old Mar 23, 2004, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Nathan, ill get back to you on that one! Ill come up with somthing. What is the ETA on the gameboy and MAP set-ups??? Ray
Old Mar 23, 2004, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Woahhhh, clean man.... I'm thinking about the Utech too. Just waiting for more positive feedback from more people on the forum and waiting for them to release the MAP sensor for the unit. Can anybody tell me if TURBO XS sell books on tuning using UTECH? Or can I get a book on car tuning in general? Not to say that I will go out and learn how to tune on my EVO, but just to have some insight on how it all work and such. Mannn...There are more and more toys you can add on to ur EVO it's not even funny. I'm loving it more and more now. Well, by the time we all done with our modding frenzy, I think our EVOs will be in the range of 35-40K car. hahahah, scary huh???? Well, that's not even including the payoff of the car. Most of us finance the EVO, so I think we are looking at 50K range. Damn.....it's all good....
Old Mar 23, 2004, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

masterevo, i knew nothing about tuning either. With a few hints and tips, i can now tune my UTEC. Dont be intimidated. Its not hard once you know some basic parameters. Actually its quite addicting. I tune on my way to work. At work analyze the data. Make a change at work then leave for home and check my changes. I do this everyday. Whats cool is that you can post a LOG on here and people will chime in and give you feedback on it!!
Old Mar 23, 2004, 08:27 AM

I may get slammed for posting this on an EVO site but if you are interested in getting to know your UTEC a little better I would like to suggest that you download my UTEC Quick Guide.

http://www.wrxhackers.com/modules.ph...ick_Tune_Guide

It does have quite a bit of WRX specific information in it but most of it is UTEC generic. In my next available free spot maybe I will create an EVO specific Quick Guide.

Things that the WRX UTEC has that the EVO UTEC currently does not have as far as I am aware:

Ignore all notes on Open Loop Fueling. EVO UTEC does not have this.

Ignore all WRX specific fueling and timing notes. Duh...

Other than that it covers the basic principles behind the UTEC operation.

Last edited by mick_the_ginge; Mar 23, 2004 at 10:48 AM.

Quick Reply: pictures of my utec install.