Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

EvoScan 2.9 Trouble connecting and logging

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvoScan 2.9 Trouble connecting and logging

2003 Evo GSR Pretty much stock besides basic bolt ons ( exhaust, intake, fmic, bov, ebc)

Installed a brand new aem wb02.

Recently decided to switch over to Speed Density via OMNI 4 bar map sensor since the car was idling at 10.0 afrs and it would be needing a retune anyway.

Downloaded ecuflash, evoscan 2.9. purchased a brand new 1.3 openport tactrix cable for limitless.
- updated ALL the drivers for both the cable and software.

Read ECU ROM and it pulled TephraMod V7 -96530706 ROM
Tried evoscan and could read DTCS or connect. Said error - no response from vehicle ecu. up top is says ecu id-0000

Went ahead and reflashed Tephramod v7 rom - 94171715 SD
Had to disable my immobilizer in the rom to start the car.
it starts, rough on cold starts but starts and cruises decent for cruising.
the light jitter is there around 2-3krpm even tried all the fixes together and invidually and no luck.

Tried reconnecting to evoscan... no luck same errors.

Finally at the bottom right I switch the settings to MUTII evo 4/5/6 and it read the DTCS and cleared them.

Tried Evoscan... numbers jumping around that aren't anywhere close to what the car Is doing...

I went on to enter an added data XML into my current rom to get the COMMUNICATION tables and trying the entered baud rates and mut table settings..
no luck.

went on to trying different baud rates...
connects at 15000, and 15625 but will run then randomly disconnect after a bit of running... ecu id still 0000. BUT wont log at all.

Tried entering the ROM XML into evoscan.... no luck

Tried the 2 byte load settings
Tried the 1 byte load settings... no luck

Been working on this with someone and we have tried just about everything the average search results and hours of reading turns up.

Tried contacting the company but no luck there as they don't have any way to contact them besides submitting a trouble ticket which is no help.

Heres the odd part... All my ACTUATORS work, I can turn them all on/off.
ECUFLASH 1.44.4503 works perfect as it should.

I even went ahead and purchased a brand new laptop in hope that my now older one was the issue connecting and logging.

We are both stumped... Can someone please help guide me in a direction that may help me get to logging what my car is doing so I can start the tuning process?

I may be forgetting a few things and will reply if remember I am submitting this before I head into work... Ill check every so often. usually quick with replies.

If anyone is a expert at this and wants to contact me directly to help get me up and logging you can shoot me a text at 440-654-0344. Located in northeast ohio if theres anyone local as well.

maybe a fresh set of eyes is what this thing needs. lol

any info needed can be provided.. sorry this is a bit long I am trying to be fully detailed on what was done...

thank you all in advance!!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 03:19 PM

anyone??
Old Jun 7, 2017, 04:15 PM

BUMP! I would like to know too!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So I have recently purchased a new cable and setup a new laptop for tuning/logging duties. I am having problems with evoscan now, for whatever reason it's reading crazy numbers. For example with the ignition switch set to on (car not started) I get a weird readings like timing being -20, TPS 0 and will not change when I press the pedal.

With my old laptop/cable it would normally read TPS at 13.3% and adjust as I press the pedal and have other values that appear to be normal in that condition.

I had also noticed that my copy of ecuflash 1.44 wouldn't load the cable drivers for whatever reason. So I reverted back to 1.42 and that one works so far.

Now I just need to figure out evoscan, I think I may look at going back to a slightly older version of it and see how it does.

EDIT:

Just saw this, hopefully it works
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ge...-problems.html

Last edited by vmrevo9; Jun 22, 2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 195 Likes on 183 Posts
Looks like we're all learning together.