Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Dual ECU Evo IX GT-A

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 03:34 AM

Question Dual ECU Evo IX GT-A

Hello all,
I'm working on a project to get dual ECUs working in my Evo IX MR Wagon GT-A. I am trying to source 1. people who have completed this "conversion" on either VII GT-A's or IX GT-A's and 2. some hopefully documented information on the "conversion".

So far I've found this thread (dual ecu - it works | Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club (club3g.com)) from Club3G on dual ECU configs but nothing concrete for a dual setup in an Evo. I've read plenty of comments across the internet that it's been done before, but I'm struggling to find and talk to these people.

Currently I have a Haltech Nexus S3 on engine duties using the Haltech Evo 8/9 Plug 'N' Play adapter, car is running and idling with this installed. Car currently goes into Reverse and Drive but only a single gear.

Anyone have any contacts that they can provide (I'm in Australia) or reach out to or info on getting the Stock ECU in control of the gearbox again with splitting certain signals between the two ECU's.

Car is completely stock (Evo 9 bottom end, Evo 8 Head, Evo 7 GT-A turbo), it will have a wideband going in soon but no modifications otherwise. Factory ECU is also unmodified (to the best of my knowledge).